01 | freedom

❛❛ ᴵ ʰᵘⁿᵍ ᵐʸˢᵉˡᶠ
ⁱⁿ ᵗʰⁱˢ ᵐᵉˢˢ
ᶠⁱˡˡᵉᵈ ʷⁱᵗʰ ᵗʰᵒʳⁿˢ ❜❜

Shoto was six years old when he felt that he was ugly

When his mother poured boiling water on the left side of his face, he was only a small child back then, wanting his mother's attention when the tragedy struck him.

"I can't raise him anymore," His mother said, "I want to run away from his life."

"Mom," The young boy called out. The moment his mother turned towards him, she snapped. Grabbing the kettle pot, she poured the boiling water on Shoto's left side.

Shoto then realised how much he despised his father because he was the reason his mother hated him, the reason he felt ugly and the reason why he ran away.

"Moronic women, to hurt you in such an important time," His father said to him.

"Where did mama go?" With his left side bandaged up, he asked the question to his father.

He still remembered the hatred and disgust in his father's blue eyes when he uttered those cruel words to him.

"She hurt my masterpiece so I put her in a hospital to keep you safe,"

The next day he ran away, a small backpack on his shoulder with a few clothes, the food he stored up and bottles of water.

Wearing a light blue T-shirt and black shorts, he ran away quickly. His father was rarely home anyway while his older siblings were busy with school.

He remembered the map, he knew which place he needed to hide, a place where no one would find him. Before stepping onto the station platform where CCTV could capture him, he took out the black glasses that he had found in his older brother's room and wore them while pretending to be a blind person. 

He then wore a small hoodie over his blue t-shirt to cover his hair because he didn't want to be found out.

As he pretended to be a blind child, he stepped onto the station and went to the most isolated and quiet place he could find.

No one suspected anything, he soon reached the place he was looking for.

He took off his glasses and pulled down the hood, then looked to see the old village he researched online the day before.

He was free.