14 | afraid

❛❛ ᵐᵃʸᵇᵉ ᵇᵃᶜᵏ ᵗʰᵉⁿ
ⁱᶠ ⁱ ʷᵃˢ ᵇʳᵃᵛᵉ
ⁱ'ᵈ ˢʰᵒʷ ʸᵒᵘ ᵐᵉ ❜❜

Love is an intense feeling of affection for something or someone

So, he was in love with you.

Maybe he had fallen in love with you the moment he saw you in his garden. What was it called again? He remembered reading about it in a novel from the huge library.

"Yes," His gaze softened when they caught sight of you, "Love at first sight."

When he realised that he was late to see you, he quickly dashed to his bedroom without having a bath or even changing his clothes from the intense training he did.

"Haah," He panted, taking deep breaths. Frantically looking at the garden, relief flooded his body when he realised you had just come in.

He could only see you for a little time. It would only last from fifteen minutes to half an hour, sometimes he was lucky then even for an hour.

The time he could see you were very limited but it was the best moment of his day. You were the reason he would look up to the next day.

He noticed that you also held deep affection and care for the flowers he had grown. He noticed the day you would caress the small petals of those flowers, the way you would delicately take each flower into your hands as if they would wilt with a single touch.

Just the way you held those flowers in your hands, looking at them so lovingly he also wanted to hold you into his arms as he looked at you with affection in his eyes, you returning his gaze with the same affection.

But he was afraid.

He had a scar on the left side of his face, he was ugly. He had already been called a monster by everyone. Everyone ran away from him, what if you ran away from him as everyone else had done?

He did not want to risk letting you slip away from his sight, you were the only good thing that had happened in this torturous life.

Shoto considered himself selfish for wanting you all for himself but he could not bring himself to show in front of you. 

Maybe he was just a coward.