09 | nightmare

❛❛ ᵇᵘᵗ ⁱ ᵏⁿᵒʷ, ᵗʰᵃᵗ ⁱ ᶜᵃⁿ
ⁿᵉᵛᵉʳ ᵍⁱᵛᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᵐᵒʳᵉ ᵗʰᵃⁿ ᵗʰᵃᵗ
ᶠᵒʳᵉᵛᵉʳ ᵐᵃʸ ᵇᵉ ⁱⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ᵖᵃˢᵗ
ʰⁱᵈᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ᵘᵍˡʸ ⁿᵒʷ ❜❜

Shoto woke up cold in sweat, his eyes widened in shock as he looked at his surroundings before noticing that he was still in bed

"Hah, just a nightmare." He sighed to himself, wiping his forehead with the back of his hand. He looked out the window noticing the sun shining brightly.

Breathing slightly heavily he closed his eyes before opening them again, "Good morning." He muttered to himself because he was all he ever had.

Two feet placed themselves on the cold hard floor as Shoto got up. He was no longer the naive seven-year-old who was called a monster rather now he was a twenty-year-old man who knew about the hardships of the world.

It had been fourteen years since he had run away from the hell-like place he had to call home. No one found him much to his pleasure.

He looked into the huge mirror placed in the room he had been living in for all these years. He had grown a lot, his shoulders had gotten broader, his height had increased, his face had matured and his hair had gotten longer.

He was used to the ugly scar on his face.

Groaning slightly, Shoto stretched for a while before stepping out of his room.

Ever since the day he had gone out of the castle and had been called a monster, he was heartbroken. Everyone was scared of him now, since that day. 

He used their fearful nature towards him to his advantage. Since that day, he had gone out for food and other materials he made them give food and other goods as a sacrifice otherwise he would kill someone.

Naturally, everything was a bluff, there was no way he was going to hurt someone like that. However they believed him, every week they all together would collect things for him and give them to him by placing them in a small area in front of the castle for everyone was afraid of him, afraid to be near him in fear of getting burned by his flames.

Because of that, he solely focused his energy on gardening various flowers, practising his quirk and reading in the library.

Rumours about him had circulated throughout the place, everyone knew about the monster living in the castle.

Yes, he was now nothing more than a monster.

This was his nightmare.