04 | gardening

❛❛ ᵇᵘᵗ ᵗʰⁱˢ ⁱˢ ᵐʸ ᶠᵃᵗᵉ,
ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ˢᵐⁱˡᵉ ᵒⁿ ᵐᵉ, ˡⁱᵍʰᵗ ᵒⁿ ᵐᵉ
ⁿᵒ ⁱ ᶜᵃⁿ ⁿᵉᵛᵉʳ ᵗᵃᵏᵉ ᵃⁿᵒᵗʰᵉʳ ˢᵗᵉᵖ ᵗᵒ ʸᵒᵘ
ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ᵃ ⁿᵃᵐᵉ ᵗᵒ ᶜᵃˡˡ
ᵐᵉ ᵇʸ ᵃⁿʸᵐᵒʳᵉ ❜❜

❛❛ ᵇᵘᵗ ᵗʰⁱˢ ⁱˢ ᵐʸ ᶠᵃᵗᵉ,ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ˢᵐⁱˡᵉ ᵒⁿ ᵐᵉ, ˡⁱᵍʰᵗ ᵒⁿ ᵐᵉⁿᵒ ⁱ ᶜᵃⁿ ⁿᵉᵛᵉʳ ᵗᵃᵏᵉ ᵃⁿᵒᵗʰᵉʳ ˢᵗᵉᵖ ᵗᵒ ʸᵒᵘᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ᵃ ⁿᵃᵐᵉ ᵗᵒ ᶜᵃˡˡᵐᵉ ᵇʸ ᵃⁿʸᵐᵒʳᵉ ❜❜

He was now seven years old. 

The castle was really like a never-ending treasure, it had everything he needed.

He had grown a bit taller than before, grown some weight while his hair was now longer. He wanted to cut it however he did not know how to properly cut it which is the reason why he did not bother cutting it and letting it grow naturally.

The past year he had learned a lot of things, things he never thought he would learn, things he would never have the chance of learning. Running away was not a bad decision in the end.

While it was true that he had to work harder for simple things, he did not mind but enjoyed the life he was leading.

Living alone in the castle, he now had some hobbies.

Cleaning, reading and gardening.

With the way, the castle was left and abandoned, it has accumulated a lot of dirt and various insects. It took him a long time to clean the house and make it look good the way it was now.

If he was not cleaning then he would spend his entire day in the library, there were so many books in there, that he thought that he would not be able to read them all before he would die.

Then came gardening.

Before coming here, he thought that gardening was lame. Why bother growing flowers when they were going to wilt anyway?

But aren't we all like flowers, wilting when our time comes?

The idea of gardening seemed odd to him. Would he really be able to do it? This thought came to his mind, and then he shook his head, of course, he could do it,  gardening was very easy and simple.

Or so he thought.

He almost forgot about all the weeds growing in the backyard, looking at the small jungle of weeds he sweatdropped. 

Maybe gardening wasn't all that easy after all.