Acknowledgments

DISCLAIMER: IF I HAVE TAGGED YOU HERE AND YOU HAVE NOT READ THE ENDING OF THE SERIES (AND DON'T WANT IT SPOILED) STOP READING HERE!

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

October 31st, 2020

Wow guys. It has been one heck of a magical ride.

Nearly ten years ago an idea popped into my head - who or what is behind the veil and why can Harry hear whispers? I've always loved the Marauders aspect of the HP kingdom, and all it took was one search to HP Lexicon to discover my main protagonist Marlene, my love for Sirius Black, and BAM A Marauder's Guide to Falling in Love was born. I have known from the beginning, even before I started writing, how the epilogue was going to go. I used the quote from Order of the Phoenix (listed in the epilogue) to craft my story completely around how Sirius and Marlene end up together in the end. I always envisioned that the whispers Harry was hearing were his parents, and after Sirius passed through the veil that they would be waiting for him on the other side. So needless to say that ten years ago when this idea flooded into me I had to write it down. Its safe to say that I have been dying to reach the epilogue, the true beginning of my adventure writing this series, ever since! Never did I imagine that I would spend so much time or pour so much of myself into this. Originally this was supposed to span over three books, but as I got writing, and more ideas began to flow, I had to listen to my characters and their development and take them in the places they were directing me to go. But the one thing that has never waivered was that stupid veil which has haunted me since Order of the Pheonix's post traumatic stress disorder causing death scene of my dear, beloved Sirius Black back in 2003.

When I was a child I used to write stories and comic books. My love for reading and writing spans back to my earliest memories, and when I was ten years old I fell in love with Harry Potter. I wrote my first fanfiction when I was thirteen years old and when I tell you it was garbage, you best believe I mean it. My second fanfiction was developed when I was about fifteen or so and revolved around my then obsession for Draco Malfoy (who am I kidding, it was totally Tom Felton). I told myself when I was younger that I was going to write a novel, and while those early fanfictions weren't the best of me, they definitely got me going in the right direction. Now that I'm closing this chapter of my fanfiction life I do hope to finish writing one of the numerous novels I have started in the past few years. I do hope to one day fulfill my childhood dream of becoming a published author and write a novel that is my very own. While the words and ideas of this series belong to me, they wouldn't have been possible without the wonderful, brilliant mind of J.K. Rowling.

The Marauder's Series has been both a blessing and a curse. I have gone on writing frenzies and pushed out chapter after chapter and then hit a wall and taken numerous month long hiatuses (I've also had 2 children and pursued a University Nursing degree along the way). What has amazed me is that people continue to read my stories even after all this time, even despite the numerous breaks I have taken.

When I started writing this I started writing it for me. I didn't expect anyone to read it. While I'm not a popular author on Wattpad by any means, the amount of reads, votes, and comments I have received since posting to Fanfiction.net and Wattpad these past ten years has been nothing short of amazing, and I am so very blessed that others have enjoyed my story as much as I have had sharing it.

There is one person I want to acknowledge more than anyone. JillGaetan  you are my kindred spirit, book buddy, soul sister, best friend that has supported me and my writing for the past twenty years. The one person I can turn to and talk to about cheesy romance books and watch silly cliché hallmark style movies with, even despite their overly predictable nature. And smut. Definitely smut. Our love of reading the same genre, the sorts that everyone rolls their eyes at, makes you all that more special to me. Thanks for sticking by my side all these years. Also wishing you the happiest of birthdays to you on this day. One day I'm going to write that book I've been promising you.

At the time of posting this I have gone through each and every comment I have received and I have taken note of every single person that has taken the time to write to me. I want to give a special shoutout to the following people (in no particular order):

NDeMeer
neinnein69
qualifiedjerk
house_of_glass
K_f0rev3r
ElizaSunflower328
Maria120_
later_that_night
thegeniuswitch
sunshineshipka
Harmione4life
18mariinaflo
laiensita
goofballjennie
potterheadshreya
eagle_writing
xxblackinnonxx
SiriusBlack411
LuluBell328
nice_onejames
JPC794ever
Jpcpc79
Mirpieps2001
Felicity_Todd
lalisabunnies
shreya_424
Cerise_May
fun4life02
_boiiiiiiii_
MeanderingFool
Violet_teal_indigo
7fairy_tail
Revetaar
uncertainwallflower
inclamors
LilySlenia
JackieHeller
accioweasleys4
marleneminervablack

While I haven't been able to track every read or vote I do also want to acknowledge you as well. Thank you for the love. Thank you for taking the time to read my work. Thank you for all your kind words, criticisms, error corrections, and comments. They mean the world to me and I am so sad to say goodbye. I hope to see you all again when I publish my own, original novel someday in the future.

But until then I have one more thing left to say:
Mischief managed.

XOXO Allie