Chapter 7

Wail jade was sleeping with kitana that night she felt warm and happy, things she hadn't felt in years. Jade shifted towards Kitana and wrapped one leg around her legs.
In the morning
As Kitana woke up and started to move she heard jade starting to wake up as well. "Rise and shine" Kitana said quietly wail rubbing jades arm to wake her. "Mhmmm why?" Kitana rolled her eyes and got out of bed as did jade. It took jade a moment to realize that she was in Kitana's room. "Wait what happened wasn't I outside your door!? What the hell." "By the gods you are slow to react." Kitana said slightly laughing at her. "What" Jade said annoyed.  Kitana smiled and grabbed jades hands, "Well I saw you sleeping on the floor outside my room and you looked cold so I asked two of the guards to bring you in." Jade blushed at Kitana's response and smiled softly at her. "Thank you Kitana." "Your welcome jade." The two looked at each other and then only realized how close they were. The two backed up after sharing a laugh.

The day went on as normal but something about this day felt different. As Kitana and Jade whee doing there normal routine a guard came running up behind them. Jade in almost a split second had a blade out and in a protective position. " Jade calm down it's just a guard." Kitana said as jade put away her blade and put it into a small pocket of her dress. "Forgive me princess, but we need you right now." "What do you need me for?" The guard looked at Kitana with a look of almost sadness. "I-It's your stepmother she is terribly ill and there is nothing we can do right now." The second Kitana heard that she bolted with jade right behind her as she ran full speed to her stepmothers room.
Kitanas POV
I know at times I might not like my stepmom but hell if she is in some way dying then I wanna see if I can help and try to cure her. Jade was right behind me and just seems to have a worried face and a somewhat not a tiered face. As soon as we got there immediately I saw doctors around her bed trying to nurse her back to health. I got nervous and almost more worried then I already had been when her eyes would shut or her chest would stop moving.
Jades POV
As we were running I saw Kitana look back at me a few times and then look back at we're she was running. As we entered the room I felt one unwelcome and two almost sad and frightened when I saw all the doctors. I wanted to grab Kitanas hand and tell her I'll be outside but I knew she wouldn't like me waiting outside during this time. I saw the almost fear in kitana's eyes as she looked at her stepmother.

4 hours later no ones POV

As the 4 hours had past everyone knew there was nothing anyone could do for her. They all knew she was up in age and maybe it was just old age deciding to take her. About another 30 minutes later her heart stopped and she was gone. When the doctors pronounced her dead Kitana and jade left the room to go to Kitana own room. As jade shut the door behind to two she felt Kitana's arms go around her upper and lower torso close to a hug. Jade turned and hugged Kitana as Kitana cried softly into jades chest. "I'm sorry you half to see me like this jade, im so sorry." "Kitana you never half to be sorry for anything dear it's normal to feel this way after losing someone." "B-but this is different because now I have no one to guide me and-." Kitana was cut of by Jade who had placed a kiss on her cheek. "I, am here for you. I know how royalty works first hand so your not alone." Kitana looked confused for a moment when Jade said that she knew royalty first hand. "What do you mean by those words?" Jade let out a sigh and grabbed something from her pocket it looked like a picture with a family of 5. "Sit let me tell you a story."