10- Just be safe

Neji hung up with the promise of visiting Tenten after he was done with her father. He sighed. This would be difficult.

Neji went to the front door and clicked the intercom. "I do not want to see you so I would appreciate it if you left." He said abruptly. Chills ran down Neji's spine when Tenten's father started laughing maniacally at the gate. What was this man's deal?

"Okay stupid bitch, it is all on you now." The man growled into the intercom. Neji fumed at what this man just called Tenten and had begun to form hateful words in his head for a comeback when the words the man said registered.

"It is all on me?" Neji asked but the man was already gone. "What a weirdo." Neji muttered. He went back upstairs to change his outfit for Tenten's visitation. All the while, he thought deeply about what Tenten's father's statement could have meant.

It is all on you now.

What was now on Tenten?

Whatever it was, Neji certainly did not feel good about it. He finally arrived at his house where Tenten was staying until the switch wears out and pulled up in the garage.

"Tenten?" Neji called. He removed his shoes at the lobby and wore the extra slippers that he provided for visitors (not that he had any). Tenten was hurdled up on a couch in the living room. Her head was on her knees and her arms were tightly wrapped around her legs. "Tenten?"

"Neji?" Her head raised upon hearing his voice. "Thank goodness you're okay." Tenten sighed with relief.

"Want something to drink or eat?" Neji asked on his way to the kitchen.

"Ice cream smoothie." Tenten replied feebly. Neji shook his head fondly at her request, she has such a sweet tooth.

"Hai." Neji mock saluted and proceeded to prepare her smoothie. Tenten used to like the ice cream mix he made but he was not sure if she still liked it. He decided to make it anyway.

He retrieved the tub of cookie dough ice cream (which Tenten must have bought) from the fridge and dumped half its content inside the blender cup, then he sliced some strawberries into it and poured in some cream. While the blender worked the mixture Neji crushed some oreos into crumbs and when the mixture was done, he scooped it into a cup and sprinkled the crushed oreos on it.

He should have a straw somewhere, aha. Neji fixed the straw and carried the ice cream smoothie to the living room for Tenten.

"Whoa, this brings back memories!" The woman's eyes lit up at the sight of the creamy delicacy.

"Strawberrry cookie crream smooothie, as yourr majesty orrderred." Neji said in a French accent that got Tenten laughing.

"Ha ha, that coming from my voice sounds ridiculous!" She giggled.

"Mé qui. Tu es terrible en Français." Neji agreed.

"Hey, I'm not that bad!" Tenten argued defiantly and took a sip out of her comfort snack. A sigh of satisfaction left her lips at the rich flavors bursting on her tongue. So delicious!

"Pardonez moi." Neji chuckled. Are you feeling a bit better now?" He asked softly.

“Yeah.” Tenten gave a wry smile at Neji’s attempt to take her mind off things. It worked.