Chapter 07 | Cheetos

Chapter Seven

"Riley why are you running, I thought you liked Auggie", I said. We were still in wolf form I'd somehow managed to catch up to Riley but August and Braylon were right behind. This is the same girl who was telling me to embrace my fate. Ain't so easy when it's you ha!

"I finally get where you're coming from Lilac it's scary as hell, I'm not ready for him. I don't want to become Luna", she said. "Stop running Rils were nearing Black Hurricane pack borders", I said. They're pack instantly kills intruders, they don't even capture rogues. Stepping on their pack lands without permission is like committing suicide, everybody wolf knows this.

"I can't Lilac, I just can't", she said. "We'll figure this out together just don't do anything you'll regret that they'll kill you", I said. And she slowed down just as we neared the border.

"Riley why we you running from me", august said. "Auggie please let her calm down she just got overwhelmed that's all", I said. "Lilac what's going on because you've been acting weird since I came back and I just want to talk to my mate, let me just talk to her", August pleaded.

"You can talk to her tomorrow it's not like the story's I know when you find your mate your supposed to be happy and jumping for joy straight into their arms but she's scared and her whole life just twisted to a whole new point of view when she saw you and it's just overwhelming. Trust me I know", I said.

"How would you know you've not met your mate", august said. "He's standing right next to you", Braylon said. "Your mates with my sister", Auggie said like it needed to be repeated till it was true. "I just found out when we got to the house that she's your sister and I know she didn't want me to tell so I respected that, come on man let's just give them time. I just came to make sure my pack doesn't kill them", Braylon said and I melted.

He's perfect and respectful maybe Riley was right maybe I'd give him a chance before I assume the worst.

But then I started to hit up again. My mate is the Alpha of the most deadly pack there is. A pack we've been rivals with for generations, will my parents even allow this.

Riley stood beside me as we looked at our mates. August's wolf looked confused before he raced away. Braylon looked at me before he followed my brother. Riley and I found some baggy shirts that the pack keeps around the forest and changed back.

"Well that was intense, I could really use a bag of Cheetos right now", I said. "Lilac I' not ready to be a Luna all I've wanted is to be a pack doctor like my mum for the longest time, I get it now why you were so worried about how your life would change. I was being a hypocrite earlier", she said.

"Don't think like that Riley all you said was true plus we'd make great Lunas, now come on I'm sleeping over today I have no interest in being in the same house as my mate or August for that matter. To think I missed him for this long now I want to stay away from him I'm a horrible sister", I said.

"We're horrible we already established that", riley said. We went to the pack house. Riley's mum had kept us some dinner. I texted my mum telling her I'm sleeping over at the pack house with Riley. She was worried but she let it be knowing I needed to be there for my friend. Everybody must already know they're mates.

That night riley and talked about all the possibilities we could think of. Honey and wilder were always complaining that we should be with our mates by now but we chose to ignore. This was the last night before our lives completely changed and we weren't even certain yet of how much.

At least I'll have my best friend through it all, well one of them.

The next day, riley and I went back to my house and found our mates sitting on the couch tearing through my special Cheetos. Oh no, this ain't going to be pretty. No one touches my Cheetos. No One.