Chapter 18 | Strawberries

Chapter Eighteen

🍓Lilac's P.O.V🍓

Throwing my graduation gown in which ever closet I could find, never for it to be seen again, I took a bath, replacing the cream-ish pink baby lace peasant dress I had on with a red fitting like a second skin, short floral off shoulder dress that accented my body perfectly. I mean it’s a girl’s last high school party, I’m going to have fun.

“I’m having second thoughts”, Braylon says as he looks at my outfit eyes visibly darkening. “You like?” I teased. “I love”, Braylon said as he perched his suddenly dry lips, the small action sending the freaking butterflies in my stomach into a frenzy like they were on a fucking acid trip. I latched onto Braylon kissing the senses out of him as he kissed back. “Come with me”, I breathed against our lips. “Oh I will”, he smirked.

“You know what I mean”, I said rolling my eyes at him. “Roll those pretty eyes again and neither of us will be going anywhere anytime soon”, Braylon said and I suddenly needed a change of underwear. “I can’t I’ve got…” Braylon started but I cut him short. “Alpha work? Trust me, I know”, I said. “Not really, I’ve got to lead the pack run but I’ll be here waiting when you get back”, Braylon said his lips landing on mine for a quick peck before he said, “Who else is going to keep the strawberries company as I binge watch Bridgerton”

Only my mate would proudly eat bucketfuls of berries as a whole meal while he shamelessly watches duke and Daphne. He’s even worse than Penelope Featherington. That scene with the ice-cream though. There should be a picture of Braylon scoffing down food next to the causes of wild hunger. Where does all the food in the world go they wonder, in my mate’s belly I answer? How would you solve the problem of world hunger Miss Lilac Silvers the judges ask? Get the bucket of KFC away from Mr. Braylon Black I answer and the crowd goes crazy with applauses.

“You’re day dreaming about winning a pageant again, aren’t you”, Braylon asked unamused but the smile lines in his cheeks said otherwise. I giggled coming back to reality and looking at Braylon with pouty lips and pleading puppy eyes. “Plus hanging out with a hundred something hormonal teenagers is not my idea of fun”, he says.

“You make it sound like you’ve not been in high school for ages mister I’m tired grumpy and I work way too much”, I said.

“Technically all that is true, I’ve not been in high school since freshman year when I had to dropout and finish online while I juggled being alpha”, Braylon said.

“You’re so old”, I mocked scrunching my face. “Then it’s a good thing you’re legal”, he said capturing my lips again till we were having a full make out session.

“Go!”, Braylon growled pulling away from me completely as he forcefully held himself back when things started getting a little too heated. I shot him a quick goodbye as I ran out of the house.