Chapter 12: Path of Thorns

Karylle opened the door of her apartment and was pleasantly surprised to see a bouquet of blue&purple flowers. Her initial instinct was to throw it away, she never liked flowers that much.

She sighed and picked up the flower. She has been receiving flowers for more than a week, all from an unknown sender. There were really beautiful flowers, and expensive nonetheless.

Her initial instinct  it came from Vice. Pero di naman yun romantic, ako pa nga siguro ang magbibigay ng bulaklak sa kanya e. Besides, ni isang tawag wala man lang akong natanggap sa kanya since we broke up.

Karylle smelled the flowers and smiled, remembering his face and his hair which were of the same hue as the flower. The comparison made her reconsider throwing it away and instead, she brought it inside and placed it in a vase, fingering the soft petals.

"I miss you so much. Please…call me…" she whispered as if talking to him. She sighed and went out of the house, hand clutching her phone in her pocket in case he called.

Not seeing him, not hearing from him, not talking to him had numerous effects on her. At first she hated him so much for running away that night.

Kung gusto niya talaga kaming magkabalikan, ang kailangan lang naman niyang gawin e, sabihin na mahal niya ako.

But then, K realized she was asking too much.

Hay! hindi ko pwedeng pilitin si Vice na mahalin niya rin ako. Ang gusto niya lang si Jhong. Ang tanga-tanga mo Karylle, itinatak mo sana sa kukoti mo na may mahal syang iba, at lalo na, na bakla siya!.

She missed him so much that when he showed up in the coffee shop a week ago, she almost ran up to him and kissed him and held him tight.

Oh god, she thought mababaliw na ako sa kanya.

K drove off to her university. She doesn't have classes today but she needed to have a word with her professor. She was failing her hardest subject—that was the worst effect he had on her. She could not concentrate because he filled her thoughts.

She scheduled a discussion with her Anatomy professor so she'll know if she can pass the subject. Or else, she might re-take it next semester, which was not a good option.

She arrived at the university after 10 minutes, she went into his office and was surprised that his secretary was not around. His secretary was always present, she seldom went on leaves. Shrugging her shoulders, she knocked on the door of the room and the professor hastily opened the door.

"Ms. Tatlonghari, napaaga yata ang dating mo, Come in, come in." he smiled and she bowed in greeting.

Dr. Hayden was the youngest professor in the university, but he was really smart and handsome. Almost all the girls in class blushed when he's around. If she was not mistaken, he was only in his early 30s.

Pero syempre, mas pogi pa rin si Vice ko. K sighed at the thought. I really missed that jerk.

"Pasensya na po napaaga ako, sir. gusto ko lang sanang malaman ang status ko," she said, her heart hammering hard.

If she failed now, she might have to drop his subject. Either way was not good on her records.

"Ah yes, maupo ka muna. Teka lang ha, kukuha lang ako nang maiinom mo." K's brow creased. The professor was never the type to offer drinks in normal days. The man came back with a glass of juice and he handed it to her. She took it and placed it on the table.

"sige na, inumin mo muna yan, mukhang na tetense ka e."K smiled and did as she was told. She took a sip, she was not really thirsty.

"About my performance, pasensya na po talaga sir bumaba yung grades ko." She blinked at him and he smiled back, she was suddenly feeling a little dizzy. naku!, sa sobrang kaba ko, parang nahihilo na ako ah.