Chapter 17: The Wizard's Cage

Karylle embraced her pillow tighter. She pulled the blanket over her and tried her best to stop crying. But it was futile, the tears were falling unabatedly on the cotton pillows.

Her father outrightly told her about his dislike for Vice and he even forbid them to meet. She resisted and they ended up fighting. She thumbed her left cheek, which he had accidentally slapped earlier.

When she found out he left Vice at the supermarket and told her boyfriend to stay away from her, they ended up fighting. She was so mad she answered him back for the first time.

It was…painful. She had never been in a fight with her father before, she always looked up to him. She was daddy's girl. But she couldn't understand why he hated her boyfriend.

Gentle tapping rung through the dark room and Karylle pulled the blanket off her. Her attention was caught by Vice standing across her window, tapping the closed glass very lightly. He smiled when their eyes met and K immediately opened the window for him. Strong pair of arms wrapped around her the moment he stepped inside her room.

"bakit ka nan—" His cold lips met hers and she closed her eyes, letting the slow movements of his mouth wash away the words that were at the tip of her tongue.

Kissing him again left her breathless and she was slightly panting when they parted. Vice eskimoed his nose on hers.

"namiss kita," he whispered, making her cheeks brighten.

"Dad—i mean ang dad mo—sinabihan akong layuan ka. Ano ba ang nangyayari?" he asked softly.

"family problem," she whispered back.

"hindi magkaayos ang lolo natin at ayaw ni dad pasamain ang loob ni lolo." Vice looked down on her with a gloomy face.

"akala ko magiging perfect na lahat sa ating dalawa—" K kissed him, wrapping her arms on his neck. He smiled sadly when their lips parted.

"Don't worry, malulutas din natin to, sakyan nalang natin…okay?" she whispered and he sighed with relief. A wide smile spread on his handsome face.

"akala ko makikipagbreak kana, kaya…" Vice leaned down on her forehead and closed his eyes.

"walang iwanan ha, kurba ko?" he asked and K smiled.

"Of course, walang iwanan." She cupped his face and Vice opened his eyes, looking at her with deftness. His eyes shined like diamonds in the night sky.

K's breath caught, he was the most beautiful-handsome man in the world and she was very lucky to have his love. "bakit ka nga pala nandito?"

Vice smiled sheepishly, momentarily forgetting their situation.

"nagaalala ako ng husto baka hindi na kita makita...hindi ako makatulog eh, kaya pumunta na ako dito." He sigh

"sila't mama at papa mo?" He loosened his arms on her waist and cupped her face. She winced when he touched her throbbing cheek. "anong nangyari?"

"nasampal ako ni dad kanina—di nya naman sinasadya." Vice's eyes widened and concern filled his face.

"nandito pa sila, at wag kang magalala, okay lang ako. " K cupped his worried face

"kailangan mo ng umalis baka makita ka pa nila."

"gusto ko, dito lang ako." He leaned down to plant kisses on the injured cheek.

"pwede ba, kurba?" he asked very softly and a tear fell from her eye. She smiled at him, happiness filling her because of the company. Vice noticed she was crying and kissed her again, soothing the overwhelming emotions she was feeling.