Chapter 19: Hurt by the Needles

Karylle's heart was palpitating. A few more minutes and it will be nine in the morning. She wanted to faint not out of excitement but of nervousness. Christian will be arriving in awhile and she doesn't know what to do.

IAN...

She closed her eyes and silently berated herself for even being physically attracted to the guy. But then, he was a superstar.

Artista siya at sikat pa! natural lang naman siguro magkacrush sa kanyagaya ng milyong fans diyan. She sighed, a little guilty.

Di naman ako nakikipaglandian sa kanya eh, sinasamahan ko lang siyang maglibot, parang magkakaibigan lang. But that was the one fact that made everything wrong.

They were never friends.

The doorbell rang and Karylle panicked. What should I do? Maybe I should not answer the door.

It rang again. Her heart beating doubly fast on her chest. The doorbell rang again. She held her breath. Nothing. Silence filled the air.

When my star has faded, will you still be around…Karylle?

Guilt crept through her and she rushed toward the door, hastily opening it.

"IAN!" she called out and blushed when she found him standing on the door. He was briefly surprised when she called him by his nickname. He was wearing a black v-neck shirt and black pants. He was still wearing a crucifix earring on his ears and his brushed up black hair. He slowly smiled at her and she looked down, ashamed.

" sorry—" they both said at the same time and Karylle looked up, surprised. He smiled softly.

"pasensya na ha, hindi ako nakapagpakilala ng maayos sayo. I thought I could get away with it. But you did remember, unfortunately." Karylle sighed, not knowing what to say.

"I guess it can't be helped. Sorry din, di ko agad nabuksan ang pinto." She smiled.

"For someone who's unsure whether this date is a good idea, you sure dressed up for it," he teased and she blushed. She was wearing a floral knee-length dress, and red stilettos.

"bakit hindi? You're like the most popular guy in the world!" she said, face red. "pero hindi to date ha. I repeat hindi ito date." He only laughed at her reaction.

"kailangan ko pala magskip ng breakfast, my voice coach said needs to fly back to America after lunch, family emergency daw." They walked toward his car and she nodded. "ayaw ko naman magbreakfast ngayon so diretso lunch nalang mamaya, okay lang bah?."

"bakit hindi ka nagbreakfast?" she asked and he turned to her.

"alam kong maghihintay ka," she flushed again. "ayoko kasing pinaghihintay mga kadate ko, lalong-lalo kana."

"eeehh! sabi ko naman sayo hindi ito date eh!. may boyfriend na ako." He opened the passenger seat for her and she stepped in. He closed the door and leaned toward her.

"alam ko, yung taga kabilang grupo. Ano kaya iisipin ni Boss Dingdong sa karelasyon mo ngayon." He laughed and walked over to the driver's seat.

His car was already top-down. He seemed to like going around in such a showy state. He started the engine and put on dark glasses. Karylle's breath caught again.

Shet! ang gwapo niya...dati natsitsismis pa nga to noon na bakla eh...eh ano naman ngayon!, bakla din naman si Vice ah... hay! ewan, di naman siguro totoo yun..