RANT. In defense of Katsuki Bakugou

Guys... did you ever hear something like this from your friends? "Bakugou is a terrible character and he doesn't deserve to be popular" I have. And it was making me so angry! At the time I couldn't do anything because I've only just gotten to season 2 and well... there just wasn't that much to go off of to make sure that justice was brought to the table!

So, in defense of Katsuki. HE DOES DESERVE TO BE A POPULAR CHARACTER! Kohie Horikoshi has written him so well and to that I say cheers. The way that he was praised as a child had effected him in the long run and now he doesn't know ho to react with the things that are happening at UA. From superior to someone as low as a bug. At least that's how he felt. When he was growing up. He felt like people only had an actual value by the things that they could do. So to make sure he was at the top in his mind. He made Izuku feel like shit. He buried him in the mud to make him feel good.

Sometimes when people hear things like "hey, your great at what you do!" People can get 1 of 2 meanings of them. The first of them is what you just read. The other... "Wow your awesome! It'd be really bad on you if you fucked up". He felt the pressure to be the best at everything he does. A superiority complex. He was always the big fish in the small pond. And when he arrived at UA, he felt even more pressure. To him, everyone in his class was a major threat. Especially Izuku. When he saw that he had gotten a very powerful quirk. He was finally catching up to him.

An inferiority complex. When he saw that Todoroki was giving his all to Izuku in their fight and he didn't get the same treatment. It made him feel like he wasn't worthy of a fight against Endeavors Son. The #2 hero's son at the time. He was upset and didn't know how to react with the situation. So he was put down. And then the fact that they had him. Chained up with a Muzzle and all for all of Japan to see on their Tv at home! He must've felt terrible!

"I DESTROYED ALL MIGHT!" "if I had been stronger... if I Hadn't been kidnapped by villains... THEN IT NEVER WOULDVE HAPPENED!" "I can't get it out of my head! ITS LIKE ITS CONSTANTLY PLAYING ON LOOP!"

He felt like he was the one that had brought All Might to an end made him feel guilty. He saw that Izuku had gotten his license and he hadn't.

He had great expectations and he felt like he hadn't reached them and that everyone was disappointed in him. He felt like he was never going to be the no.1 hero. Everyone had great expectations of him... including the audience. We also had expectations of him deep down. And when the episode where Bakugou and Izuku had a fight in ground Beta, Kohie Horikoshi made it clear that he wasn't just some 2D character that could easily be judged and made fun of and to have major expectations of him. He wasn't just another Sasuke. He is who he is. And no he isn't an antagonist or just a bully to get in the way of the protagonist. He was never an antagonist to begin with.

I bet when you were watching the episode you didn't expect this from him. Not even All Might and Deku. But they should have. WE should have. Anyone who actually knows Katsuki would know that it was coming. He felt like he had to preform at his absolute best in order to feel like he was doing at least something with his life and that's why He had compared himself to his classmates.

Does what I just said forgive him for his actions towards Izuku? Fuck no. Should he probably be going on about his feelings better? Yeah I think he should. But guess what, he is doing his absolute best he could. And that's why people like Aizawa and Mitsuki support. Aizawa defended him at the sports festival and Mitsuki thinks it's great that UA is giving him a reality check. Thank you for coming to my Ted talk. New chapters coming soon.