Chapter 14: Memories

"I'm sorry, but do I know you all," Nagisa asked his classmates and teachers.

The class was shocked and wasn't sure if the boy was joking. They were also surprised by seeing Nagisa tied up on the bed with the room being a mess. Mr. Karasuma approached Ritsu and Takebayashi, who was clearly exhausted from doing something. "Takebayashi, what happened here," the teacher asked the student who proceeded to weakly point in Nagisa's direction. Mr. Karasuma started at Nagisa weirdly with the boy smiling innocently.

"We were trying to take care of Nagisa when his heartbeat started to slow down and then suddenly he woke up," Takebayashi explained carefully as he tried to recall the events prior to the class's return to the hotel. "Ritsu and I were glad that Nagisa woke up, but he seemed different."

"What did you mean by different," Sugino asked with concern as he was worried for his buddy in bed who seemed very clueless on what's happening. "And why is he tied up?"

"I think it would be best if I show you," Ristu told everyone as she started to display a video on everyone's phones.

The video was in Ritsu's main body's perspective and it showed Nagisa waking up on his bed with a stunned Takebayashi near his bedside.

"Nagisa! Are you alright," Takebayashi asked but he was only met with an emotionless, lifeless stare from Nagisa. "Nagisa ...," he tried asking again but Nagisa's eyes had returned to their regular blue color. Nagisa then faced Takebayashi and had a panicked look on his face.

"Who are you?!? Where am I," Nagisa nervously shouted which frightened Takebayashi and shocked Ritsu. He was slightly backing away from the two people.

"Does he have amnesia," Takebayashi muttered as he stared shockingly at the boy in front of him.

"We're your friends Nagisa," Ristu tried to say calmly, hoping not to cause the boy anymore stress, "I'm Autonomously Intelligent Fixed Artillery, but you may call me Ritsu."

"And I'm Kotaro Takebayashi," Takebayashi added carefully, "We just want to know if you know who you are." Nagisa then calmed himself down as he noted the people in front of him.

"Hello ... Ritsu and ... Takebayashi," Nagisa replied warily, "And my name is Nagisa Shiota, I ... think? I'm sorry for not being much help." Nagisa looked down disappointedly.

Cheerfulness and Mischievousness had quickly recognized this type of Nagisa's behavior. Nagisa was acting insecure.

"No it's fine, Nagisa! You tried your best. Let's just stay calm and stay here while we wait for the others. I just need to check if you're okay, Nagisa," Takebayashi told the boy, who was still worried about being a burden. Nagisa had glanced around the room and saw Karma's and Kayano's bodies on the other beds. His face grimaced as if he had remembered something.

"Hey um ... Ms. Robot," Nagisa asked the A.I. as he continued looking at Kayano and Karma.

"Ristu," Ritsu corrected her confused classmate.

"Right, sorry. So, Ritsu ... who are those two people," Nagisa asked her as he continued looking at the two unconscious people.

"Those two are two of your best friends in our class, Karma Akabane and Kaede Kayano. Based on what I have been told before, you have been friends with Karma for ever since you two were first years in junior high," Ristu explained.

Karma's personalities smiled at the memories of when Karma and Nagisa hanged out to watch Sonic Ninja. Deep inside, they regretted abandoning Nagisa, but were still a bit afraid of Nagisa's cold and silent presence when they had their guards down around him.