Chapter 7: Little Reunion

It was only 8:00 p.m. when the rest of the groups, excluding group 4, collected the personalities and reassembled back at the hotel room. The scene shown was quite mesmerizing and difficult to understand a bit. There were multiple versions of Nagisa, Kayano, and Karma in the room. As they waited for Koro-Sensei's group, the rest of the class just stared at their friends' copies in shock and curiosity.   

    There was Innocence (Inny) sitting near the lying Nagisa with Maturity (Matty) standing near the innocent personification. On the other side of the bed were Sweet-Tooth (Sweety) and Playfulness (Playful). Sweety was still eating some leftover pudding that Matty had offered her after he gave into her puppy eyes. Playful was just gently poking Nagisa's cheek. 'He's so cute when he's sleeping. His face is so soft too! I almost want to ki- ... what am I thinking. Stop it Playful! Get a hold of yourself!' Playful thought restlessly. Matty was just eying the girl as she was blushing and steaming, but had turned his attention to Inny. 

    Despite Matty's previous reassurance, Inny had a worried look on his face as she stared at Nagisa's pale and unmoving body. He then faced Matty, "Are you sure Nagisa is going to be okay, Matty?" Matty looked back at Inny with a shocked expression but then relaxed. He had petted Inny's head as he said, "Of course he will. As long as you're here with him, then he'll continue being strong. Isn't that right Lazy-kun." He had turned to Lazy who was laying down on an adjacent bed, playing Karma's handheld game. "Huh, oh yeah. Be strong for him and he'll be strong back ... that type of stuff or whatever." Lazy then continued playing his game as he yawned, ignoring Matty's intense glare aimed at him. He relaxed his gaze when he heard Inny giggle. "Hey what's so funny," Matty asked his innocent look alike. "It's just that Lazy-kun is funny that's all," he continued giggling. Matty smiled at the sight and had turned his gaze to the unconscious Nagisa. 'Stay strong Nagisa ... for us and for Kayano and Karma.' He thought with concern and hope.

    In the corner of his eye, he still saw Sweety eating a new cup of pudding that he doesn't know came from. "Umm Sweety-chan, you should ... slow down," he said but had flinched when Sweety gave him a deathly glare. Matty then realized his mistake when coming in between Sweety and sweets, pudding especially. "U-uhh n-nevermind ... just remember to drink a lot of water afterwards so you won't get sick that's all," Matty said nervously to avoid Sweety's glare. Sweety then softened her gaze and smiled sweetly. She had put away her pudding and grabbed a bottle of water from ... somewhere ... nobody really knows really. "It's okay Matty-kun, you're right. I've been eating a bit too much pudding. I know you were just concerned so thanks!" She again smiled sweetly which caused Matty to smile in relief that he avoided the wrath of Sweety.

     Other groups of personalities were scattered throughout the big room. Seriousness was accompanying Okuda as she tried to take care of an unconscious Karma. Takebayashi, Yada, and Hara took a break from taking care of their unconscious friends for a while. "Is he and the others okay," asked a concerned Seriousness (Seri). "Yeah, they'll be fine," Okuda replied as she finished treating and looking over the three. "Thank you Okuda-san," Seri replied as he placed his hand on the girl's shoulder which caused the girl to jump slightly at the boy's kind gesture. "N-n-no problem Seri-kun," Okuda stuttered as she tried to hide her slight blush. She shook it off as best as she could. "Let me just get more ice for these three," she said to Seri as she exited the room.

     On Kayano's bed, there were Depression (Dee-Dee), Kindness (Kind), Cheerfulness (Cheery), and Insecurity (Insy). Each Nagisa-Kayano pair sat on opposite sides of the bed. Each positive personality was still trying to reassure the negative partner as they had blamed themselves that Kayano and the others were in this mess. "It's my fault that we were in this mess," both Insy and Dee-Dee muttered with regret. However, Cheery and Kind took initiative and tried to reassure and calm down their friend's negative counterparts. "Insy," Cheery had said with a gentle tone as she placed her hand on Insy's back, "Nagisa-kun didn't know that the stone would cause all of this, so stop blaming yourself." On the other side of the bed, Kind was hugging Dee-Dee, "It's alright Dee-Dee-chan ... it's not your fault. We were just dragged into this mess. Don't blame yourself for something you didn't do," Kind soothed Dee-Dee as he whispered his gentle words near her ear as he hugged the girl tightly. At this point, both Insy and Dee-Dee calmed down. "Okay, if you say so ...," both relinquished their guilt as both Cheery and Kind gave them a huge smile. Insy and Dee-Dee then looked at each other's teary faces and just smiled happily and chuckled. Cheery and Kind then gave each other a high-five for completing their goals.