CHAPTER 30

NO ONE'S POV

[MATTERHORN]

No one can take what they found, Sharon would do anything not to lose Chaeyoung.

-

The day just went by them before they knew it the sun was already setting. They sit in this greenfield facing the peak of the Matterhorn. Sure, Sharon found something new but she couldn't take the thought of her past out of her mind that easily. She moves closer to Chaeyoung who was busy drawing the scenery, she rested her head on the smaller's girl shoulder.

MN : "I should've told him, I should've told him I didn't want anything I have now. That I have my own dreams. I wish I had the courage back then maybe things will be different now."

The words just came out of nowhere she thought Chaeyoung wouldn't know what to say, that's what she thought.

CY : "You're right, it's your fault. You should've told him. You should've fought for it, but you didn't. It's all your fault and all that's left is to regret everything."

Sharon didn't think that this would be how the kind and warm Chaeyoung she knew would respond. She thought it'll be more warm and comforting words. She thought it's okay to open up even for a little bit more to the Korean but she was surprised to get that kind of response. She pressed her forehead against her knees hiding her face from Chaeyoung.

CY : "Are you done with your regrets????"

She didn't answer back, she was tearing up.

CY : "Hey, lift you're head up. Look in front of you."

Sharon lifts her head and saw Chaeyoung was standing in front of her and the orange sky behind her.

CY : "Now promise me once you see him again you'll tell him what you really want, promise me you'll make him listen and no matter what happens, today or the next days until eventually you take you're last breathe, promise me you won't regret anyth...

CY : "Now promise me once you see him again you'll tell him what you really want, promise me you'll make him listen and no matter what happens, today or the next days until eventually you take you're last breathe, promise me you won't regret anything anymore, that the only place you'll look at is the one in front of you. Promise me you won't look back and regret things anymore. Promise me starting today you'll do what you want and not what anyone wants for you. Sharon-ssi it'll never be too late to tell him, tell him who you really are."

Sharon starts to cry, how come all this time whenever she opens up to her friends or her mom the only thing they tell her is everything we'll be alright? Those things will pass by and he'll eventually let her be? How come no one told her before that she could be herself? That she could tell her father what she wants? Who she really is. She knows it's not her mom's or her friend's fault, they're all just trying to protect her but maybe that's the same reason she was stuck in the idea that her world revolves around her father.

Maybe this is the reason that sets Chaeyoung apart from everyone else. Because Chaeyoung came to her life without a warning, without precautions, and without invitation. She knows nothing about Mina or her awful life but she knows exactly what to say on times like this.