Confessions

Heyooo special people 😍☺️, How are you doing? I'm so sorry i was away for so long, I've been so busy, I'm still busy, but I'll update another chapter soon.

Thank you all so much for 7k reads, I was so shocked when I saw it, I feel very blessed to have you all reading my book. If you like Salman and Hibba's story, please don't hesitate to share, I beg you. 🙏🏽

Happy reading 😊

"Nana, you're sure you don't want to come with us?"

Hibba looked up to see Nana shake her head firmly in refusal. Hibba nodded and patted the waistband of the Doc McStuffins pop socks she'd worn over Ummi's diaper. Ummi looked very cute in her baby colored gown, lilac headband paired with the pop socks, Hibba got up and handed the nearly one year old in her arms to Nana who was standing by the side waiting to be excused.

"That's alright, I'll give you something to buy snacks for your siblings." Nana smiled and said a loud thank you as Hibba walked to the demarcated area to change into her clothes.

"Aunty, it's not as if I don't want to go," Nana began from the living room as Hibba struggled into her pair of skin tight jeans. She stopped as she buttoned up the trousers to listen to Nana. "But my mom has been on my neck, saying I'm not helping with the chores at home anymore. I also want to talk to you about taking on more hours here, my parents said I can't go to university this year." Hibba who had buttoned four of the eight buttons on her knee length shirt rushed out.

"Why? Isn't that why you worked so hard to score so high in Jamb?" Nana looked away from Hibba and sighed heavily, but her hands still played with Ummi, tickling the baby so she laughed.

"My elder sister hasn't graduated yet. It's impossible for my parents to send two children at the same time, they haven't paid my dad in six months." Hibba shook her head slowly in pure disbelief, Nana was looking forward to going to the university of Abuja to study law. She had scored three hundred in Jamb for that reason.

"Nana, I'm sorry. I didn't know, why didn't you tell me?" Nana shook her head again and her cheeks bloomed in embarrassment, Hibba's eyes widened as she understood what seemed to be going on. From all the pointers, Nana's parents seemed not to have collected their salary in months, turning to the meagrely earning Nana for support, she took out her savings and in the end, nothing was left to send Nana to university.

"It's going to get better, I promise. It's only going to get better from here on. I'll think about a suitable time for us to talk about money and the new number of hours you'd like to take on, bear in mind that the place I need help is with the drinks thing." Nana nodded very effusively, making Hibba pat her on the back and returning to the room to finish dressing up.

As she lined out things to put on her face from her nearly non-existent makeup bag, Salman called her phone. She picked and told Nana to help her carry the cooler of drinks that had been prepared to the car. Hibba lined her eyes with Kohl, used some dry eyeliner to line her lids, she rounded her makeup with a pink lip gloss that she had bought on a whim but seemed to make her full rosebud lips pop.

She was posing before the mid length mirror when Nana came back, peeped into the room to tell her Salman was downstairs. "He came with three girls. They're fine aunty."

Hibba's bell like laughter rang out at Nana's words. " I know, they're his sisters. Shey if you were going with us, you'd have seen them." Nana wrinkled her lips and as Hibba turned off the lights and put the inverter to charge, Nana said in a low voice "With my old clothes ba? They'd have just laughed at me, I made the right decision."