CHAPTER V

CHAPTER FIVE

Counting the days, it has already been a week since Celestine arrived and started living in the Governor's residence. The season, from the midst of autumn, has finally arrived at its last, the wind getting colder and colder.

Within this week, Celestine spent her time, training her swordsmanship to her heart's content. The time she spent doing so, kept her self patched up, in both her mind, heart, and soul.

She was thankful towards Meira, who has now started treating her as a friend, instead of being stuck in a master and servant relationship.

Though lonely, missing her dear family, she strengthened her heart, and only wished for them to be in their best conditions because, despite her loneliness, she was still living under a roof, a lavish life at that.

Luckily, Roux has left her all alone, but from time to time, is visiting her bringing various gifts. His father, however, was the exact opposite, always giving her amorous gazes whenever they cross sights when meeting, earning a disgusted scowl from Celestine's face.

It seemed like the father and son duo are both busy tending towards their official political problems, seeing that various figures throughout the city kept visiting the Governor's office, the two not being able to make time to relax for themselves, seeing that they have not made any luxurious feast nor invited anyone, except those who are frantically vising the office.

Aside from that, Celestine has not noticed anything too bothersome. She was thankful that she need not to mingle with the both of them during her stay, at least in that way, she can keep her freedom, to some extent.

Each day seemed like a peaceful life, for it was filled with wine and delicious food, as well as her most favorite form of entertainment, dancing, and swordplay. She could repeat to do so, as many times as she pleases. Though Celestine tried, she felt restless not being able to do anything well for herself.

She was not used to this life. She never did anything to make her sweat at a good cause. She was not earning anything but is only further delving into her cage.

Oh, how she missed the buzzing streets of Maylea. Seeing the wonderful smiles of her sisters and guests, hearing the laughter created by the people. She missed the times where she argued with her sisters, later making up, buying clothes at the market. She missed her mother, Tanith. Their bonding, and hearing her voice, her words that contained wisdom.

Here was quiet, far too quiet for her liking. She would rather spend her time at the bustling streets of Maylea with her family rather than stay at this peaceful, yet, humble abode by herself.

Sighing, Celestine finally dropped the sword that she has been holding. Looking up towards the brightly lit stars in the sky.

It was another moonless night.

Feeling relieved, she wiped the sweat on her forehead using the end of her robe.

It was already night, the soft breeze in the air, flowing across her lightly damp from sweat skin. She looked at her newly made friend and smiled, seeing that she was already napping while sitting down at a stone bench. She must have felt sleepy, as she has been training herself for far too long, from the afternoon and now, it was already dark.

She walked towards the girl and lightly tapped her at her shoulder. "Meira, wake up. I'm done for today." Celestine said, whispering. She did not want to startle the girl, seeing as she was already sleeping peacefully but she cannot leave her out here in the cold. She did not want her to get sick.