CHAPTER XII

CHAPTER TWELVE

As soon as the whispering spread throughout the room, the hushing sound of each of the officials followed through, now creating a deafening silence from the once buzzing in noise room.

The Emperor strode towards the Government's Office's hall. His chin was held high, his aura defining the difference between his power and status among the others. His handsome face was rigid and taut with his eyes flaming with anger, seemingly shooting daggers towards all of the other officials that his sight has laid upon.

At last, he arrived by his throne, which was grand and magnificent, perfectly suiting his wonderful visage. The air turned cold as he sat at his throne, his eyes looking down upon the officials who had bowed down to him as a sign of their respect.

"All hail, His Majesty, the Emperor!" All of them greeted in unison, their heads bowed down with their right hands on their chest.

Hearing the greetings, the Emperor clicked his tongue in irritation. "Rise." He said before waving his hand. The officials stood upright from their earlier position and looked at the Emperor, their eyes curious yet full of admiration.

It was the first time that they have seen the Emperor without his usual veil that was covering his face. Seeing his demeanor, they cannot help but look in awe. Even though all of them were men like him, they cannot help but be pulled in by his unearthly looks, for he was unlike any other man that they have seen before.

The silence was interrupted by one of the officials, it was the Vice Governor of Maylea, who cleared his throat. As soon as he did, all of the attention went towards him, even the Emperor's.

"Your Majesty, may we know the reason why you have decided to gather all of us for today?" He asked as he squinted his eyes, his tone quite assertive. He was feeling quite irritated since morning and even though he knew that he was in the presence of the highest figure in the country, he couldn't help but show his feeling by the tone of his voice.

The Emperor did not respond and only looked at him.

Because of that, he once again cleared his throat, lightly scoffing, "Your Majesty, as you may know, running a city requires our adequate attention. If you have decided to call and gather us without a clear motive, then... Aren't we just wasting our time?" He said, as he finally got to the point.

The other officials made several reactions. Some of them gasped due to the rude way of talking the Vice Governor has made while the other's nodded in agreement to his statement.

Slowly, the quiet chattering once again turned loud, as the other officials decided to join into the pouring complaints that the others did.

"Silence."

All of the people in the hall followed through as the Emperor's voice resonated throughout the room despite their noise. They looked at him in anticipation.

A shiver inadvertently flowed through their spine as the Emperor smirked, a cold scheming smile plastered on his lips.

"Indeed, running a city requires adequate attention." He began as he looked towards the Vice Governor. Mimicking his scoff, the Emperor continued, "And so does an entire empire." He said. As his eyes looked around all of the officials, he continued, "That is why 'I' am here." He announced, emphasizing his position as the Emperor.

Various reactions showed through the faces of the officials. As the Emperor stopped talking, the room was once again filled with different voices, all of them murmuring their confusion towards the Emperor's announcement.