CHAPTER XIII

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

It was a full moon on the night of winter.

The bright round ball of light heavily illuminated, outshining the twinkling stars on the jet black sky. The cold winter air, touching the rose-colored cheeks of the people who are walking in the buzzing streets of Maylea.

Under the brilliant light, the people who are busy, both as merchants and customers who are already donned in their winter clothes, babbled their mouths, both trying to add or lessen the prices of the products that they were willing to sell and buy.

Celestine smiled brightly as she observed the annoyed faces of her sisters who were busy tending to their customers.

"I told you, we cannot lessen the price anymore. We've already given you such a big discount!" Sandra shouted with a frown on her face. She was already feeling quite irritated for she has been explaining the current circumstance to the customer, over and over again.

"Sister, please, calm down." Matilda said as she rubs Sandra's back in order to calm her down. She can understand her sister's feelings. This customer was indeed quite stingy, asking for a lesser price despite being already given a discount due to her bulk order. Yet, she knew that they have to be patient.

"I've ordered so many things, yet, your store's discount is very low. These items cannot even justify the amount that I am going to pay!" The customer retorted, pointing towards the fabrics that she was going to buy.

Sandra's eyes widened, flaming with anger, "Then leave! Don't you dare insult our store any further, you witch! You're just stingy as hell!" She shouted, her face red as she pointed at the other stores, "Just go and buy somewhere else, bitch!"

"Oh, I will. I'll leave! I don't have time to fight against you, witch!" The woman shouted before storming out of the stall.

"Ugh, I hate her!" Sandra shouted as she ruffled her hair, growling.

"It's okay, Sandra. It's normal to have customers like that. We just have to be patient and besides, we do have a lot more to learn, since we're new to the field." Odette said, calming Sandra down.

"Big sister is right, Sandra. Just try to be more patient, okay? We need to earn the trust of customers, and unlike before, they are girls like us too. That should give us a little benefit, right?" Matilda said, backing up Odette.

"Alright, I understand." Sandra said before rolling her eyes again, "It's just that, that girl earlier is so stingy! She wants half the price of the fabric that she's buying! I already gave her, what, like almost a quarter of discount, yet she doesn't want to accept! It even seems like she was expecting the thing to be free! Such a stingy witch!" She continued to complain, still feeling irritated.

All of the other sisters in the stall just laughed at what she said.

"True. I mean, I do understand that we have to be patient towards our customers but even I wanted to scream at her too." Odette said, chuckling.

"If not for me thinking about our image, I would have already punched her in the face." Sandra said, seemingly holding a grudge.

The other sisters continued to share their opinions from the customer earlier, all of them laughing at their imaginations about beating the girl up.

Looking at her sisters' laughing faces, Celestine couldn't be more at peace.

It has already been a month ever since the incident between her and Ronald.