CHAPTER XVI

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

"It's snow—ing..."

Celestine stuttered on her own words as her eyes sat upon the figure in front of her, shocked.

The man in front of her smiled. He had a distance of about a meter from her place, he was donned in white and his robe was lightly fluttering through the cold winter air as he stood upright.

"You're..." Celestine's voice faded out due to the pleasant surprise—she was unconsciously smiling.

His eyes were calmly fixed at hers. He had a seemingly bottomless pit of black pupils, however, it showed nothing of hostility, but somehow, there was an unknown sentiment—a mysterious lingering feeling.

Celestine's heart suddenly seemed to beat fast, hammering through her chest.

Thadump! Thadump! Thadump!

With all of her might, Celestine returned the gaze of the man in front of her, both of them looking deep into each other's eyes.

However, she was pulled into reality by the cold feeling of snow, melting as it meets with her skin.

Celestine blinked her eyes repeatedly, swallowing before clearing her throat. "You're... You—Your Majesty?" She asked, stuttering, unsure whether to believe her eyes or not.

The man did not answer and only smiled, his action causing Celestine to rub her eyes before repeatedly blinking once again.

'Am I dreaming again?' She asked herself, pinching her cheek.

"Wha—." Her eyes widened.

The man came up to her and held her wrist, preventing her to hurt herself any further, the sudden contact making her flinch.

She shook her head. She was not dreaming.

"Your Majesty?" She asked once again, this time, her voice was clear and unwavering.

The man smiled before nodding his head, answering her question.

She gasped, but just as she was about to kneel and bow, he stopped her.

"I told you before, right?" He began, looking at her eyes.

Not knowing what to answer, Celestine could only look at him with wide eyes and a gaping mouth.

"As of now, I am not the Emperor. I'm just a normal civilian, just like you." He said, his hand touching her by her cheek.

His actions made Celestine blush. She remembered— remembered the way he said that to her before— endearing. Come to think of it, he did the exact same thing as he did before.

"As of now, I am not the Emperor. I'm just a normal civilian, just like you."

Feeling her cheeks heat up from his warm hand, she swallowed, forcing herself to look into his eyes but ultimately averting it.

She cleared her throat, and slowly slipped away from his hold.

Bowing her head, she looked at the cloak in her hands, once again swallowing. "Y-Your Majesty, I-I'm afraid I—."

Her words were interrupted by his index finger laying at the top of her lips, hushing her.

"You can, Celestine." He said, smiling.

Once again, she was lost for words, her heart, beat so fast to the point where it seemed like it was going out of her chest.

Thadump! Thadump! Thadump!