≈ Prologue ≈

"You told me you loved me... you told me you needed me. The lies you said to me I believed them all...cause I loved you...."

With each whispered word... a piece of my heart broke, the thoughts that I had always hidden away, now slipped from my lips like butter. I looked at his glossy eyes, filled with silvery tears.

"I laughed because of you, I cried because of you, for once.... I believed in love because of you. Now I can't breathe anymore. I can't breathe because of this unbearable pain in my chest and do you know what the worst thing is? You don't even know how that feels."

My words were stone cold, like daggers, stabbing at his already wounded heart.

My heart throbbed inside of me the tears that sprung from my eyes burned my cheeks. I was unable to breathe, let alone speak. It scared me seeing him on the verge of tears, the side that he lets no one witness. I didn't mean it, the words that I told him... I never meant them. I loved him, but that's why I had to let him go.

"You were always right, I am an idiot, another idiot that fell for you... but now we're done. Goodbye Jungkook."

The words fell out of mouth like vapour but I knew it landed in his guts as shrapnel. I felt my insides tear seeing the blood drain from his face. His eyes were cold like I've never seen them before and his features were immobile.

He looked like he was about to vomit, seeing me slide the diamond ring off my finger, my hand shook uncontrollably and I let it fall as soon as its weight hit my palm. There was a hard sound of metal on the marble floor but neither of us moved to pick it up.

I turned to leave, before I knew it Jungkook was standing in my way, his muscular chest blocking my view, My eyes grazing up his jawline to meet his darkened eyes, the perfect distance for a kiss.

"You can't do that...you can't do that to me." His eyes were washed with the kind of tears that only comes when people break in ways that can't easily be repaired. His tears are like mine. He did love me and that's what made it hurt even more.

"You can't just quit by saying all those things that aren't even true. I won't watch you leave me this easily. Sure I can delete your photos, your texts, your number but tell me how do I delete your face, your voice...our memories? Why is it so hard for you to understand that I love you... I love you Elyna Jeon and I always will."

I could see my pain mirrored in his once glittering eyes. He stared deep into my ocean blue eyes, as he cupped my cheek into his large hands which were now slowly turning red. He slowly leaned closer to my lips closing the distance between us. My mind was repeating the same sentence over and over, "Don't do this... don't do this." But the sound of my heart was beating so loudly I couldn't concentrate. It felt like it was going to explode.

Finally his lips touched mine. Sparks flew in every direction, and the world was slowly disappearing around us, along with all of my worries, troubles and problems. He made me feel like none of that mattered. It was a small yet warm kiss. I honestly never knew a kiss so innocent yet it could be so intimate and electrifying. His lips were moving in perfect sync, my hands wrapping around his neck as his arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me closer. The kiss began to become deeper, more passionate as we both became hungry for more, testing our limits.

My mind is devoid of the light he'd given. My thoughts fell into an endlessly repeating loop. I should have pulled away back then, I shouldn't have given into you... maybe then it would have hurt less. Maybe then both of us could have found happiness.

We were never meant to be, no matter how much we wish we were.

Jeon Jungkook....We should have just stayed enemies.