8

"Oh my god! One day left then you'll be here!" Prim shrieked, eyes widened. I rolled my eyes, I have ten minutes left and I need to be at work right now.

I chuckled and went out of my bathroom, "You look like that? Everyday? At work?" she questioned in disbelief. I giggled, "yeah, why? Shut up I know I'm pretty" I snapped.

"umm, no girl. You look plain as heck" she snapped back. "Well, I work not to impress people around me" I snapped back and smirked. "ugh whatever, anyway I'm really excited to see you again" she smiled.

"me too, I wonder if I'm taller than you now" I said, wearing my sneakers. "Nah, I got Dad's height and you got momma's height there's no way you'll be taller than me" she shook her head, I wore my mask.

"I mean, we don't know yet" I shrugged it off, I got out of my apartment building and walked myself to the nearest subway station, I got in the train, "anyway just call me later or whenever you want, take care winter love ya bye bye" she ended the video call.

I arrived and got out of the station, I walked myself to the shop. I saw Gerald, Nathan and Brian. "Hi!" I waved to all of them, they waved back. Gerald came up to me, "Winter, I'll be allowing you to leave early today since tomorrow's your flight to ✨houston✨" he said, singing the houston part which made me chuckle.

"Alright alright" I smiled and thought of buying gifts for my family, I never used my savings since middle school. I just don't spend a lot of money. You know, I'm that type of person who saves money and doesn't know why, they just do. That's me.

I started assisting Gerald and we just vibed and worked. I honestly couldn't believe that our friendship made this far. I was once this shy quiet girl in middle school then this random guy popped out of nowhere and the little shy girl I am just suddenly disappeared like a thin smoke in the air.

Right now we're in college and our friendship be as strong as the earth's core.

Gerald's been there at my side, and he's one of the people that I trust the most in the entire planet. I remember opening up to Gerald about my ex boyfriend Robert, cheating on me and Gerald totally went insane and got really mad at him, that Robert got fired. We never see him ever since.

He's that protective best friend, he would literally attack whoever hurts you. I don't deserve him, damn. And now, he booked me a flight to see my parents after for so long. He's such an angel.

I arranged and organized the pastries and started to assist Gerald, "I am going to miss you, little bitch" he muttered. I giggled, "Awh that's really sweet, don't worry I won't be staying there for like, ten years Gerald. Calm your tits" I muttered back and he rolled his eyes.

"Just promise me okay? PROMISE ME you'll be safe, I'm going to lose my mind if anything happens to you" he glared at me, if looks could kill. I would probably be laying on the floor right now, dead. I looked at him, "Yeah I promise I will take care of myself, damn." I shook my head, smiling. See? He cares about my ass.

We served few customers and we decided to clean together, "So what you gonna do later? You can't just lay on your bed for the whole day" he said. "I'll probably buy gifts?" I replied, washing the dishes.

"Mmmmkaayyy" he said.

Few hours already passed and I got dismissed from work, I got on the train and arrived at my apartment building. I got in my apartment and decided to change my clothes. I decided to wear wide jeans and a cute top.

I walked down my apartment building and got out again, wearing my mask. I decided to just walk around my neighborhood, I thought of getting a gift for Prim, first. What does she want?

I passed by a perfume shop, yup. I went back and guess what? It says buy two get one free. I mentally smirked and went inside, I got my temperature checked and looked around. I could get one for mom too! After for a few minutes, I got my gift for mom and Prim, and they gave this little perfume as the free product, it's probably one of the testers.

I went out and started roaming around my neighborhood, I wonder what Dad would buy if he went out. I smiled just thinking of meeting them, soon. I can't wait to be with them man I swear. My stomach sang and decided to eat somewhere.

I got in and got my food, paid for it and started eating. I finished my plate for about fifteen minutes. I messaged Gerald, "Hey what can I get for Dad?" he replied really quick, "I don't know if I were you I would buy him a wallet or something."

"mkay thanks" I thanked him.

I stood up and walked my way through the city of New York, hoping that I'd pass by a store that sells wallet for Men. I walked inside of this shop called Tommy Hilfiger and went around.

I noticed I'm in the wallet section of the shop, but I admit that I'm struggling with what to choose. There are a lot of choices, like a lot. I wonder what Dad would pick if he's here.

I took a picture of the two wallets which I think is the best among the others and sent it to Gerald, "Which one is better?" I asked him. This time, he didn't reply right away. So I decided to message long haired guy apollo.

I chuckled by just looking at his name, "Hiii! Which one do you think is better? Left or right?" I sent him the pictures. He replied, "heyyy there, I would choose the right one" he said.

He sent me another message, "Are you buying a gift for me?! 👀" I rolled my eyes and chuckled, "Nope lol, it's for my dad" I replied. He typed, "Aww Boss Popz got a sweet daughter ;)" I giggled, "indeed, gtg now lol thanks" I replied and shook my head and inserted my phone inside my pocket.

I paid for it and walked myself home, I got in my apartment building and went inside my apartment. I took my mask off and shoes off. I placed the things I bought beside my luggage. I washed my hands and changed into a comfortable outfit. I connected my phone to my speaker and played my playlist.

I fixed my important documents for tomorrow and organized the gifts, I placed it inside my luggage, there's still enough space. I got my outfit ready too, I'll be wearing my hoodie and skinny jeans. I also got all of my disinfectants inside my backpack.

I took a warm shower and did my night routine, I changed into my pyjamas and checked my luggage and backpack for the last time. I charged my phone and went to bed.