Chapter 6

Kate's POV

"Jimmy, I hate you."

"I didn't do anything!!" He screamed in protest from the lounge chair by our front door. Luke

continued to pet my hair as he watched the movie that FX was showing.

"It was your idea for her to go over there!" Damon yelled from the other longue chair.

"It's not my fault he's being an ass!" Jimmy screamed back.

"Guys-" Zane was cut off by Damon screaming again.

"Maybe next time you should tell him she's coming over and that he needs to get his head out of his-"

"SHUT UP!!" I screamed from under a couch pillow. The room fell silent and I sighed, frustrated

still. "Fucking dumbasses." I mumbled into the pillow and Luke laughed; I was lying on the couch with my head in his lap.

"What was that?" Jimmy asked and I ignored him.

"You want something to eat, Babe?" Johnny asked and shook one of my legs.

"No, I ate over there." The room fell silent when there was a sudden knock on the door; no one ever

knocks on our door, all of the guys just come in. I slowly sat up and stared at the door. No one knocked again, but they could still be standing outside the door.

I walked over to the door and slowly turned the door knob. I felt like a deer in the head lights when I

saw Brian leaning against his car.

"Get in." He commanded and walked to the driver's side, expecting me to do as told. I turned around

and stood still for a second before I went into my room to get my shoes and keys.

"Where is he taking you?" Luke asked while he leaned against the door frame and crossed his arms.

"I don't know." I finished tying my shoes and grabbed my keys out of the ceramic bowl on my

dresser. I went to go pass Luke, but he stopped me. "What?"

He pulled his wallet out and I realized I should probably take money. I moved to get my wallet, but I

stopped when Luke said, "Wait." I stood in front of him again and watched him. "Here," He handed me a twenty and put his wallet back. "You shouldn't have to spend any money on whatever that asshole's taking you to." I frowned a little as I looked at the money.

"Thanks." I tucked it into my pocket and he gave me a small smile. "I should probably head out

before he-" I was cut off by Brian blaring his car horn. "…blows his horn." I finished my sentence and Luke smiled a little. "Bye." I waved a little and cut through the living room without talking to anyone else and closed the door on my way out. I took a deep breath before I stepped away from the door and walked to the passenger side door.

I got in and buckled up and neither of us spoke. Brian sat, both hands gripping the top of the steering

wheel, for a least a solid minute before he slowly moved to put his seatbelt on. He started the car and sat, gripping the top of the steering wheel again. I looked out my window when I noticed a small movement; Jimmy had drawn back the living room curtains just the slightest so he could watch. I glared at him and he gave me a big smile. I held up a fake gun and pretended to shoot him; he clenched his chest and fell to the floor. I smiled a little and was brought back to the car when Brian spoke. "What are you doing?"