CHAPTER 7

"Aren't you going to tell me?" I ask.

"Huh... I'm thirsty, be right back" Eli says and walks off the dance floor leaving me behind.

"Hey" Asher says from behind me.

"Hey"

"Let's dance" Asher says and we move to the music. "Why did Eli run off like that?"

"Beats me. He told me that his girlfriend broke up with me because she said he likes someone else and Eli said she's right" I explain. Asher stops moving.

"Eli told you there is someone else he likes?" Ash asks.

"Yes"

"He said that?", I nod. "Did he tell you who it is?"

"That's the weird part. He wouldn't tell me who it is. He just kept looking at me and then he ran off. Do you know who it is?"

"What no, how would I know? I don't know anything? what is happening? stop questioning me" Ash rambles. He gets like this when he is lying to me.

"What do you know?" I ask him.

"Would you look at that, I am thirsty. I would be back" he says monotonously and walks away. ​What are they hiding? I think it's time I leave the dance floor, people are going to begin to think I have a problem because two dance partners have ran away.

​It seems I have found myself with a date, I do not know where Asher or Eli are. I walk to the refreshment table and take a glass of champagne. I don't think I should touch the seafood buffet, the hall is getting heated. Sea food and heat do not go together. I see Heather and Ian talking at a corner, it kind of looks like they are arguing. Heather walks out the center as I take a sip my drink, Ian follows a moment later. I walk outside with them, curiosity getting the better of me. I see them ahead of me walking towards the side of the building. I wait a bit for them to walk ahead before I turn the corner.

​You should never follow people outside again, Liliana. Stay where you are.

​I turn the corner and I freeze.

​Why are they kissing? Why is he kissing her? I guess they were not arguing.

It feels like my heart is breaking but why? It's not like I am seeing my boyfriend cheating me but why does it still hurt. I can still here the music playing inside but it feels like everywhere is silent, I can only hear my pounding heart. I hold on to the glass in my hand and it shatters cutting my hand. the pain of the cut feels like nothing compared to what I feel in my heart. Why do I feel like the knife in my back got twisted, I thought he didn't like Heather anymore. I guess they got back together.

"Lily?" I hear Asher call from behind me. Ian and Heather stop kissing and look at me. Heathers looks satisfied like she knew I was here the whole time. So many emotions swim on Ian's face.

"Lily" Asher says turning me face him. He looks at me and glares at Ian and Heather. "Your hand, it's bleeding" he says holding my hand, it is covered in blood. Ian walks towards me when he sees my hand.

"Lily" he says.

"No, get back to your date" Asher says standing between Ian and I. Asher guides me away from them. I walk to the bathroom on the other side of the building and wash my hand, the water stings my cut. I adjust my makeup and put on a smile. I am not fragile or weak, if Ian and Heather are back together, it's fine. I am his friend and only is friend. ​Friends support each other and even though I don't like Heather, bordering on strong dislike now, I would support my friend. ​I wrap my hand with the handkerchief Asher gave me and walk out the bathroom.