Comes With the Territory

I woke up the next morning feeling fairly refreshed. I turned and reached my arm out and was met with Noah's warm body, still passed out, next to me. I ran my hand across the soft features of his face. His hair had slightly fallen, but the amount of hair product he used prevented it from falling completely. I watched as his chest slowly rose and fell with each breath. It was peaceful. I leaned forward and placed my lips on his, hoping to wake him. His body stirred as his eyes slowly opened to meet mine. 

"Good morning." I said with a small smile. 

"Good morning." He returned. His voice was sleepy. 

I began to sit up and move myself out of the bed. "I'll make us some coffee." 

He only hummed in response. 

I walked into his kitchen and took in the light designs of his apartment. It was fairly small compared to mine, but it was seemingly perfect for him. The white finish on the cabinets and the light granite were almost too bright for my eyes, and not my taste but admittedly beautiful. I easily found the coffee pot and began to make us both some coffee. 

I had wrapped myself in his cotton button-up from last night. I stood with my back against the countertop as I admired the city. I turned once I heard his footsteps approaching. He was wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt. He made his way over to me and placed his hand on my back as he placed a kiss on my forehead. 

"Thanks for making coffee." He said as I offered him the finished cup. Mine was placed between my hands as I admired the steam rolling off the top. 

"It's the least I can do. Especially after the night you gave me." I gave him a small knowing smile. 

"I'm glad you had a good time."

"Me too." At that I brought my gaze back to the view. "Your apartment is amazing."

"Thank you. It's not much but for me, it's perfect." He said as his eyes roamed the space. 

I hummed in response to his words. We both sat in silence until he spoke again.

"I wanted to ask you something."

I looked at him, allowing him to continue. "I was hoping you would want to make this relationship official?" He said timidly. I gave him a big smile. 

"I would be more than happy to." I said as I walked up to him. I ran my finger through his hair, which was again placed perfectly. "So, I guess I'm now your girlfriend?" I said with a small laugh. 

"I guess so." He responded with his signature smile. 

We sat there in a comfortable silence. It was nice to finally have someone again. Someone to call mine. He was my boyfriend, and nothing was going to get in the way of that, or at least that's what I kept telling myself. 

"I should really be heading to work. Thanks again for the night." I kissed him before making my way back to his room. I dressed myself and began to leave. He watched as I made my way down the hall. Before I stepped into the elevator, I gave him a small wave, which he returned. 

-

Once I was back in my own apartment, I would finally be able to relax. The walk of shame was not something I was used to nor enjoyed doing. Thankfully I didn't get any weird stares and my driver wasn't the judgmental type. 

Once I stepped into my apartment, I was greeted with a group of men that I was not pleased to see.

Archie ran to me and apologized before he practically sprinted back to his room. I felt bad for him. Leaving him by himself last night may not have been my smartest move, but he could handle himself, but to have five guys come early in the morning and ask to be let in? I couldn't blame him for being timid.