Worth The Risk

TW: blood, violence, death

I paced back and forth in the foyer, lifting my gaze every few minutes to stare at the door. The door that seemed to somehow hold so much history now. I sighed and tore my gaze away from it for the last time, exhaling a long breath.

It had been nearly 20 minutes since Kylo and Vicrul stepped out of that door. Since Kylo ignored what I had admitted and stormed out. Since Kylo Ren had become cold and heartless once again.

What to do next was running through my mind. Thankfully, I had a few options.

The first, to let Kylo and Vicrul do whatever they needed to do with the shipment and pretend no arguments ever occurred. Go back to the business relationship from before.

But that ran the risk of them being hurt by whatever threat awaited them. That option was disregarded quickly.

The second, to clear my life and my family's lives of any trace of the Rens. Something I had attempted before but would make sure stuck this time.

But something, a gut feeling, was telling me that it wasn't going to work the way I wanted to. That I couldn't simply cut them from my life. I also had Alex to consider. His relationship with Trudgen wasn't something I could just forget. The two of them seemed so happy. That meant that this option was no longer one.

That only left the last option. The one that somehow seemed the most logical and yet somehow the worst. But it was all I had left.

To follow them. To make sure that the shipment went smooth. To do what I had planned to do. And that was to join them.

I needed to calm down, to think logically. I took a deep breath and realized what I had to do next.

I dropped my hands from where they rested on my waist and walked with intent to the basement.

Once I reached the basement, but before I managed to open the door, I was stopped with a hand wrapped around my upper arm.

"What are you doing?"

I turned my head towards Apollo, my eyes filled with rage. I ripped my arm from his grasp but remained in my place.

"I'm following them."

"What?" He asked, his brows furrowing in confusion. "They left already?" He paused for a moment, looking away as his mind ran wild. "Did you tell him about your dream?" He finally asked.

I hesitated for a moment, my lips parting as I tried to find the right words.

"I warned him not to go."

Apollo nodded slightly, his eyes dancing as he thought more. He then grabbed my arm, dragging me downstairs.

"What are you doing?" I asked, annoyance filling my words.

"I'm going with you." Was all he said as he pushed the door open to the armory.

I didn't question him further as I grabbed a pair of black pants and a black long sleeve shirt, Apollo doing the same, a little preparation from last time I needed to change quickly. Having clothes in the armory made it faster and easier to get ready.

I stripped off the dress, Apollo stripping his suit. Neither of us thought anything of it, undressing in front of each other in a non-sexual way many times before. We both dressed quickly, throwing on black boots to match the other black clothing.

We then moved to grab the needed weapons.

I threw on a belt and a strap around my thigh, strapping multiple handguns and a few knives along both.