Chapter XI

Justin and Wesley whooped at my question. "What? It wasn't that funny," I responded grumpily.

"It kind of was," Wesley chuckled.

"No it wasn't," Melody sided with me. She crossed her arms over her chest. "Man up and grow a pair, Wes."

Wesley sobered up and silenced. Satisfied with the reaction she got, Melody turned her attention towards Alec who stood frozen, staring at me. "Man up and tell the lady," Mel ordered.

Seeming to snap out of his trance, Alec reddened and responded, "I've always been into foreplay."

"Haven't we all?" Justin said.

Alec shook his head, but shifted uncomfortably when he went to elaborate. "Like roleplay."

I made a face. "Like dog collars?"

Alec nodded, but added, "Not of that flavor, but yes. Sort of like that."

Elizabeth tossed the ball back to me. "Your turn to throw."

Looking down at the ball, I frowned. I wasn't well with my aim or my power, which meant I would look like a fool. "I'd rather not."

"Come on party pooper and throw the damn ball," Wesley demanded with impatience.

Melody shot a dark look in Wesley's direction, which he responded with a bold middle finger. "Please?" Liz asked me. I sighed, knowing I was taking the fun out of everyone else's weekend.

"Fine," I conceded, throwing the ball. It went way over the boys' heads and a lot towards the right. The ball landed on the ground near our things with a thud. "I've got it," Wesley called with a chuckle. He grabbed the ball from where it lay limply on the ground and returned to the water.

"Shut up," I growled at Wesley.

"I didn't say anything," he called out to me. Wesley was correct that he didn't say anything, but he still grated on my nerves. I wasn't sure why Elizabeth wanted him on this trip anyways. If he infuriated me, he had to have angered her as well.

"My turn to ask a question," Wesley said thoughtfully. After a moment of pondering, he brightened. "Have you ever slept with a woman?"

I made a gagging noise. "Absolutely not!" I practically shouted.

Wesley shrugged as if this was no deal, and proceeded to throw the football. This time, Melody caught it. He winked at her. Ignoring his gesture, Melody asked, "Is it true that one needs a magnifying glass to see your penis?"

I couldn't help but laugh at her question. True, it wasn't a real question at all--the intention was to get a ruse out of Wesley, but Wes didn't seem phased by this.

"No, it is not true. I can show you--" Wes started.

Justin, Alec, and Elizabeth all shouted a bold 'No' in Wesley's direction. Shrugging, Wesley let the topic drop, and Melody took her turn to throw the ball. This time, Justin caught the football mid-air.

"Is it true you have a crush?" Melody questioned mischeviously.

"Yes," Justin said without hesitation.

"Are you whipped?" Wesley asked Justin. Raising an eye brow at Justin to say 'Really, man?', Wesley shook his head in disappointment.

Alec, on the other hand, had a completely different response. He chuckled, holding his hand to his mouth. "I knew it." Justin gave Alec a defensive look, and Alec raised a hand for him to drop it. "Not important," Alec stated with a straight face.

Justin conceded, "Okay, I'll drop it."

"Good." Alec glanced at me out of the corner of his eye. Or was I dreaming? I didn't have much time to think about it, because Melody took her turn to throw the ball towards the guys.