Chapter XV

Rolly's was jam-packed like usual for a Saturday night. I weaved my way to the bar where Suzanne, one of the regular bartenders, were taking orders and passing out drinks. Suzanne was a middle-aged woman covered with tattoos. Her ears and face were pierced in various areas, and she always had a smile on her face when she saw me.

"What will it be today?" Suzanne asked me, tucking her thick, curly brown hair behind her ear. Her brown eyes sparkled with warmth.

"The usual," I called out, digging into my back pocket and pulling my wallet. The guy sitting next to me shook his head and pulled a ten dollar bill out of his wallet, throwing it on the table before I could even protest.

"Thanks," I said to him. "What's your name?" I inquired.

"Jackson," the guy replied.

"Interesting name," I commented, grabbing the drink Suzanne slid to me with a murmured thanks in her direction.

"I get that a lot," he responded.

Eyeing him up and down, I settled my hand upon his shoulder. "You do look like a Jackson if that is any consolation."

"Thanks," Jackson said. "So what is your name?"

"Olivia," I spoke with a seductive tone, giving Jackson a warm and welcoming smile.

"That's pretty," he slurred, taking a sip of the drink in front of him.

I laughed half-heartedly, trying to put on my charm. "Thanks. So do you come here often?" I knew for a fact that Jackson didn't, because I was a regular and never saw him around.

"Nope. First time." Jackson frowned at his empty beer before looking up at me. "Do you need another?"

"I've got one, thanks." Jackson must have been toast, because he couldn't recall even buying me a drink moments before. This brought up red flags. Time to find another target. I saw a group of guys sitting across the bar, and whispering in Jackson's ear, I said, "I see my friends over there, so I'm going to say hi. Nice to meet you though."

Jackson nodded in my direction as he waved Suzanne over. I didn't stay, but I had a feeling Suzanne was going to cut the poor lad off in a matter of drinks.

"Hello boys," I greeted as I approached the table I sought out.

"Boys?" the gentleman on the left scoffed. "Do we look like boys?" He took another swig of his beer, slamming it down.

"My apologies on our friend here," the guy on the right apologized.

"No need. It was my mistake," I replied, trying to send a reassuring yet warm smile at the guy on the right. "How are you doing tonight?"

"Better if I had another beer," grumbled the first guy, who was turning out to be the opposite of a gentleman.

"Then go get one you putz," the middle lad remarked, taking a sip of his.

Out of the three, I found the one in the middle most attractive. I knew the one on the left was out, because he was turning into a major douche the more I talked to him. The one on the right was okay, but I will settle for what I can get, since both look pretty attractive.

The one on the left slid out off of his stool and clunked over to the bar, waving Suzanne's partner in crime over. I didn't bother looming over the interaction much; instead, I focused my attention on the other two guys.

"Are you enjoying this fine evening?" I asked in a nonchalant manner.

The middle guy gave me a smile. "We always do, especially when a woman as pretty as yourself goes out of her way to chat us up. What about yourself?"