XXIX

awsten wasn't lying when he said he had a plan. six months prior, awsten packed a ring he planned on giving to taylor. he wanted to marry taylor, that wasn't a lie.

a week (and a horrendous hair-cutting livestream) later, awsten woke up next to taylor with the thought of the future on repeat. taylor woke up in awsten's arms (like usual), and turned to say good morning. she turned and kissed his nose, but he didn't seem to notice.

"you okay, baby?" she asked. he looked at her and smiled.

"hmm? oh yeah, i'm fine. just..thinking."

"about?"

"us." he furrowed his eyebrows. "do you, uh." he thought to himself for a second.

"do i?"

"do you ever think about our future?" he asked her. she thought to herself. she did every once and a while. she wanted to marry awsten, but didn't know if she was ready. they had been together nine months after a five and a half year break. "do you ever think about marrying me?" he sounded scared.

"of course, aws. i just, i don't want a big wedding anymore. i don't think thats what i want right now."

they sat in silence.

"we don't have to have a big wedding, y'know." he reminded her.

"i know."

silence.

awsten thought back to the day he took her to the movies and taco bell. he knew he was in love with her. he knew he wanted to spend the rest of time with her. he loved her when she graduated college, he loved her when she went to every blue poptarts concert, he loved her when she told him their family was growing.

awsten fucked up when he left. he wasn't ready to be a dad, but every time he thought about coming home, he was scared taylor would shut him out. now he was in her bed, talking about marrying her.

their original wedding was going to be in the fall, orange and gold colors to compliment the season. taylor was going to have a long sleeved dress that came down and had a long train. her boquet was going to be filled with buttercups and the center pieces peonies. elle would've been two months old, and they had a dress for her. everyone was going to go. jaclyn would be taylor's maid of honor, next to gracie, her bridesmaid who was a sophomore in college. jawn was going to be awsten's best man and geoff his groomsman.

"so do you want to get married?" he asked.

"now?" she let out a slight laugh. "awsten it's like seven in the morning."

"its 9:15."

"i don't have a ring."

"i bought you one in january, it's in my suitcase."

"what about a dress?" she asked.

"we could go to a thrift store."

"so we're doing this?"

"i guess we are." awsten smiled at her. taylor smiled back. "i'll go wake elle."

taylormartxn

liked by jaxlyn110, awstenknight, and 2,686 others taylormartxn today should be fun[tagged awstenknight][comments have been turned off]

taylormartxn today should be fun
[tagged awstenknight]
[comments have been turned off]