~Chapter 1: Luffy~

Hello! I do not own any of the characters of One Piece, they are all created by Eiichiro Oda. The plot of this story was originally created by me.

Here we go, the start of Junior year. 

"Your friends are here to pick you up," Ace hollered up the stairs, with his faced shoved with cereal.

"Oi, I'll be there in a second!" I yelled. 

I wasn't ready for this bull crap. I mean, getting up at, like what, 6 o'clock? It's too early.

I ran down the stairs with my backpack and my straw hat, and ran outside to see Zoro and Usopp in Zoro's car... Along with Nami? I'm glad to see her again! I didn't see her at all this summer.

"Oi, Nami," I said as I got into Zoro's car, "I'm glad to see you again!"

Nami gave me a shy smile. "Hey, Luffy." She sighed and stared outside her window. Was something wrong? She seemed upset, like she was filled with sadness. Uh-oh, did she lose all of her money she stole from the market at the last day of school last year?

"Anyways," I said, "How come you guys picked Nami up?"

"She didn't feel like walking to school, and Nojiko hadn't been home to drive her," Usopp said, "Is there something wrong with her being here?"

"No, not at all. Shishishi, I've missed her." I put my arm around Nami and smiled. She didn't notice me, though. She kept on staring out the window.

"Are you okay?" I whispered to Nami.

Nami nodded, but didn't make any eye contact with me, and didn't say a word. Something was wrong, and it pissed me off.

The rest of the drive, Usopp, Zoro and I all blasted music and sang like idiots. It was fun, though. I missed these long car rides while blasting music. Nami didn't join in, though.

As we got to school, people had been gathering and walking into the building together. Sanji had been twisting like a tornado with his heart eyes around Robin while Brook was playing his violin in front of Chopper and Franky. I missed these guys.

"Oi, Sanji!" I yelled, "Robin! Franky! Chopper! Bro-"

"You don't need to holler all of their names, idiot," Zoro laughed.

I shrugged. "Whatever. Anyways..." I walked up to all of them and smiled. "Nice to see you guys!"

Robin giggled. "Seems like you still have your same happy energy, huh Luffy?"

"Did you expect Luffy to change at all?" Chopper said in his high-pitched voice. It didn't seem like any of us changed over the summer, which I was happy about. Nami was the only one who changed, honestly. She grew her hair out and seems more... calm and sad.

"Nami-Swannnn," Sanji said with his heart eyes, "You look so pretty with your longer hair!" For the first time ever, it bothered me how he was doing this in front of her.

"Thanks," Nami said, quietly. Seriously, what was wrong with this woman?

"Anyways," Franky said, "Are you guys ready for the super back to school dance?"

"Dance?" I laughed, "There's a back to school dance?"

Brook nodded. "And, Luffy-san, I don't suggest you miss out on this one, yohohoho."

I was going to say something until Nami started walking away.

"Oi, Nami," I said, "Where are you going?"

Nami looked back at me and smiled. "Just going to class early." She continued on walking, with Sanji on her tail, continuing to compliment her.

"Anyways, Brook is right, Luffy," Robin said, "You never attend school dances. How come?"