~Chapter 10: Luffy~

Hello! I do not own any of the characters of One Piece, they are all created by Eiichiro Oda. The plot of this story was originally created by me.

Was this really happening? No... This couldn't be real. This must be a dream.

"Calm down, Luffy," Grandpa Garp said, hugging me as tightly as he could. I could tell he was trying to hold everything in and not cry.

"But, Ace-" I sobbed. This wasn't real. No, it couldn't be.

"He will be okay," Grandpa whispered, "Just... Hold on, okay, bud?"

I let out a huge sigh and let go of my grandpa. "Okay," I muttered.

There was a part of me hoping Nami would show up. Even though I was mad at her for what she did, she was one of the people I went to for my problems. I trusted her with a lot of things, and I needed her here for me right now to sit by my side at the hospital while we wait to hear about how Ace is doing.

---When I got home after the party earlier----

"Ace..."

Grandpa looked towards me and ran to hug me. "Stay calm, Luffy," he whispered. 

"W-What happened to Ace?" I cried.

"...Nothing. Just... go sleepover at a friend's house."

I pushed my grandpa off of me. "What the hell happened to Ace?!" I yelled, "Tell me, dammit!"

"Watch your language, Luffy!" Grandpa yelled, "It's nothing! Just go-"

"What the hell happened?!" I yelled, once again. Grandpa flinched and clenched his fists. Tears filled his eyes. What the hell was going on?!

"...He got shot three times," Grandpa mumbled, "Just go to a friend's house for now. I'll keep you updated on what's going-"

"No!" I yelled, "Take me to the hospital with him."

Before Grandpa could say anything else, I ran into Grandpa's car and waited for him in the front seat. I was so close to passing out. Honestly, I think I was having a panic attack. I was very dizzy, my heart was beating very quickly. All of my muscles had tensed up. This couldn't be real.

Grandpa got into the car with me and waited for the ambulance to start going to the hospital.

When we got there, they wouldn't let either Grandpa or me in to see Ace. I remember what he had looked like; his eyes were almost fully closed, and there was blood coming from his wounds quickly. There had been people covering him with a white sheet, and they put him in the ambulance. 

As I sat down to wait for Ace, I grabbed out my phone and called Nami. I needed her at the moment. 

"Hello?" Nami said as she answered the phone.

"Nami!" I sobbed. 

"Woah, Luffy, calm down," Nami said, "Let me-"

"It's... It's Ace," I said, "He's... in the hospital right now. Ace got shot three times."

There was a long pause. "What?!" Nami said, confused. There was a bunch of pain in her voice.

"Yeah," I said quietly, "Can...Can you come to the hospital?"

Once again, there was a pause. "Of course, Luffy," she said. Nami had started crying loudly, "Should... Should I let Nojiko know? She isn't home at the moment... I had thought she was with Ace. But I could tell her-"