~Chapter 2: Nami~

Hello! I do not own any of the characters of One Piece, they are all created by Eiichiro Oda. The plot of this story was originally created by me.

I woke up to the sound of my loud alarm clock. I had still been in my red dress from the party, and I still had Luffy's tuxedo jacket and his straw hat. How did I get home? I don't remember walking home. I looked in my mirror. My makeup had been all messed up. And... how much did Luffy trust me with his hat? I knew it was important to him.

I changed and got ready for another school day. Nojiko had been waiting downstairs for me, watching the news.

"Bele-Mere's killer still hadn't been caught," Nojiko said.

I sighed. "Yeah." I sat next to her on the couch and turned the TV off. "Can we not watch this?"

Nojiko nodded. "Yeah. Did you know the straw hat boy brought you home last night?"

So that's how I got home. "Oh, no," I said. Why did he do that? I had completely slapped him across the face yesterday.

"He's nice, isn't he?" Nojiko laughed.

I could feel my face turn pink. "Yup. He's just a friend though, Nojiko. Don't go getting any ideas."

Nojiko smiled. "I didn't say anything but okay. He's still a nice guy, though. He had stayed with you until I got home last night. And I see you have his hat."

What point was she trying to prove? I knew Luffy was a great guy. And yeah, I should probably give him his hat back.

"He gives it to me when I'm upset, I guess," I mumbled.

"Right," Nojiko said, "Well, I'm sorry I didn't drive you to school yesterday. I can bring you today, if you want."

"Yeah, thanks."

Nojiko sighed. "You don't have to go to school if you don't want to. I mean, we did just lose a loved one. Normal people would stay home for a couple of weeks."

"No," I said, "I can't just hide from the world because I'm upset. I should probably still go to school. It's my first week of school. I need to go. Plus, you went and did something all day yesterday."

"I was with our aunt, Bele-Mere's sister. She said that Bele-Mere wanted her funeral on her birthday, on December 3rd, so that's when we'll give it to her. We had talked for a while and she gave me a list of Bele-Mere's friends and the rest of her family." Nojiko sighed. "You can invite some of your friends if you'd like."

December 3rd? That's in three months! I guess I wouldn't be able to change Nojiko's mind, though. "Okay," I said.

When we had left home and started driving to school, I had started scrolling through old pictures in my phone. I had seen all of the pictures from last year and our first-year of high school. My favorite picture was the one of Luffy, Robin, Zoro and I. We had all been smiling, and we had seemed so happy and young.

It's weird to see how much all of us had changed, besides Luffy, I guess you could say. Then there was the picture of Robin and I when we first became friends freshman year.

I remember how much fun we all had together. I guess I had a lot of fun yesterday until I broke out into tears.

I need to stop with my pathetic crying. I'm better than this. I needed to remember what Bele-Mere told me: "Don't forget to smile in any situation!" It's so hard... I don't understand how she did it. How could I smile when someone I loved had been murdered?

As I was thinking and a million thoughts ran through my head, I came across the photo of Luffy from 1 year ago during Halloween. 

He had dressed up as a pirate. Damn, if he was an actual pirate, I don't think I'd be afraid of him. I mean, he is probably the most adorable pirate ever.