Chapter 8

Tw: mentions of self harm

Bad was gonna be meeting up with Jef today, he was really nervous about it. Why did he accept the offer anyway? He always told Skeppy that he was busy and didn't have time to meet up, so why couldn't he say no when Jef asked him?

He felt kind of guilty.

Well, there was nothing he could do about it. Atleast not right now. He hadn't really considered how or if he could go back. To be fair, Good switched realities so he probably could too...right?

Bad looked at himself on the mirror, there were many things he was insecure about. Things he couldn't change...but it wasn't the right time to be thinking of those insecurities, he needed to get dressed.

He put on a black hoodie and some pants.

As Bad headed towards his destination, a park, he felt really nervous. He was just realizing that Jef would look exactly like Skeppy...meaning that he would feel even more guilty.

It would be better if he tried to ignore those feelings.

He had spaced out, not realizing that he had already arrived. Despite the season, it was a sunny day. There were some animals running around, making some noise. Suddenly...

"GOOD!"

Jef basically tackled him, making him stumble back. Bad felt butterflies in his stomach. When was the last time he had been hugged? He couldn't remember...

Shifting uncomfortablely, he made eye contact with Jef. Almost immediately, Jef scooted back.

"Oh-um...I know you're not really good with hugs, sorry." He laughed nervously.

Was he blushing?

Bad didn't respond.

"I'm really sorry, Good. I know I do a lot of things wrong but-"

"It's okay."

"What?"

"It's okay...I don't mind."

Bad felt like he imagined it but he could've sworn he saw Jef's eyes shine brightly at that.

Cute...

"So...what do you wanna do first?"

"How am I supposed to know, you're the one who invited me here!"

Bad wanted to be as kind as possible towards Jef, but if he suddenly started acting that way it would be too suspicious. He needed to slowly become kinder towards him, rather than just being kind out of nowhere.

"Right...follow me then, you little pumpkin!" Jef said, starting to drag Bad along with him.

Jef took him to a small cafe. It looked nice. They both sat down at a table and ordered some drinks, everything seemed to be perfectly fine. That is until their eyes met...

"What?" Bad asked, pretending to be irritated.

Jef immediately looked away, he seemed flustered.

"Uh-nothing...sorry."

"Y'know you don't have to apologize for everything right?"

Jef tilted his head like a confused puppy.

"I-it's annoying when you do."

"...oh."

Welp, this was awkward. Bad was trying his best, yet he felt weird about being mean to people on purpose. He wasn't really good at it either...

'Is it getting hot in here?'

Bad felt strangely warm, almost like he was burning. He decided to take off his hoodie, he was wearing a tshirt underneath after all. What could go wrong?

Well, they talked for a little while. It felt so relaxing, talking to someone about whatever and just laughing about it. It was warm, just like a soothing melody...

Suddenly Jef's expression changed.

He seemed worried, like he saw someone kick a puppy or something...

"What's wrong?"

"Oh-uh...i-it's nothing."

Bad wanted to make Jef feel better but he didnt want to pressure him into speaking, so he decided to let the topic go.

They paid for their drinks and headed outside, they were now aimlessly walking. All of a sudden, Jef dragged him towards and alleyway.

"Jef, where are we-"

"Good, we need to talk..."

"About?"

"Good, I saw the cuts on your arms..."

Word Count: 632

Short chapter, I know.

I've been trying to write for days but all I could focus on was the Dream SMP finale so yeah😀

Have a good day/night^^