*HOLLOWPOX SPOILERS DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED*

Her back ached. Her feet were killing her. Her eyes were struggling to stay open. She just wanted to get out of the uncomfortable hospital pyjamas and sleep. She wanted to forget about the morning and everything that led up to that.

She pushed open the door that led to her Wunsoc wardrobe. It was half broken and hanging off the hinges. Hawthorne and Cadence really did some work on it. Her feet carried her to the second door and pulled her through. As the door to Room 85 opened, she was greeted by the familiarity of it all. She was glad to be home.

She grabbed a pair of black pyjamas and changed out of the hospital ones, discarding them on the floor. Just as she was about to climb into the gorgeous water bed awaiting her, her bedroom door clicked open. She sighed and turned around.

"Morrigan!" Jack ran into her room and tackled her down onto her bed with a hug. Morrigan winced in pain. "Oh, thank goodness you're home! They never let me go to the hospital. I'm not allowed to, because I'm not apart of Wunsoc, and I'm not technically your family. Kind of stupid that rule is. Maybe Jupiter should look into that. Anyway, that's besides the point." He looked at her and smiled. "You're home."

"Hey, Jack. I'm glad to be home. Now, would you mind getting off me? Everything hurts."

Jack looked embarrassed. "Oh...right, um, yeah, of course." He climbed off the bed and stood in front of her, hands in pockets and rocking on his heels. "Do you-do you need anything?"

"Sleep."

"You've been asleep for two days! I think that's enough."

Morrigan shook her head. "Not after—" She caught herself. She couldn't tell Jack about what happened this morning. He would tell Jupiter. She would get into so much trouble. "Nothing. It's alright. I'm just tired."

Jack frowned in confusion. Or was it concern? Morrigan was too tired to tell the difference. "What is it, Morrigan?"

"Nothing, Jack. Don't worry."

He sat down on the bed next to her. "I'm not leaving until you tell me what's wrong."

"Well, then you'll be here a long time. I'm not telling you anything!"

"So there is something wrong?"

Morrigan sighed and squeezed her eyes shut. "Just go away."

"No! Not until I know you're okay."

Morrigan opened her eyes to find Jack reaching up to take his eye patch off.

"Don't you dare. That's not fair."

"No, it's not, but it'll help me decide whether or not I need to get Jupiter in here. You see, he just left to go pick you up. He's already going to be anxious knowing that you just walked out of the hospital. How much worse can he get knowing you're lying to me?"

Morrigan's eyes widened in horror. "Don't! I'll talk to Jupiter later. Just leave me alone!"

"No, Morrigan!"

"Yes!"

"You can't tell me what to do!"

"Well, you're acting like a child."

"No, I'm not! You are!

"You know what, Jack? I wish I never met you! I wish I never came to Nevermoor! I wish I died when I was supposed to!"

Jack's face fell. So did Morrigan's. She couldn't believe what she just said. It was a lie. She loved Jack and Nevermoor. She was so grateful that Jupiter took her away from the Republic when he did. She never wanted to die. Jack hadn't deserved to hear what she just said.