CHAPTER 16 SHE IS INNOCENT

Dedicated to - obliviousartemis

Third-person pov

After Eternity was brutally beaten, she fell unconscious from the overwhelming physical pain. The hooded man let out a disappointed sigh, muttering, "This little whore hasn't given us any information."
"But, sir, I doubt she can be of any use to us now. It's possible she either lost the information or the Aaron knight already retrieved it from her," another hooded man commented to their leader.
"I believe you may be right," the Leader agreed.
"What should we do with her now?" the man inquired.
"Leave her on the road. She came with Aaron's driver, he will find her," the Leader decided.
His men nodded and carried Eternity out of the desolate garage, placing her near the car.

Collins frantically searched the entire area, his knuckles curled against his mouth as he struggled to find Eternity. His breaths came in heavy gasps from running non-stop in his desperate quest to locate her.
After scouring every corner without success, he made his way back to his car, still needing to inform Aaron of Eternity's disappearance. But then, his gaze fell upon someone lying on the ground. With a mixture of relief and fear, he recognized Eternity, unconscious and covered in blood.
"Oh, Eternity, what has happened to you?" Collins's shoulders sagged, his chest tightening with worry and empathy.

Aaron pov

Upon my arrival in New York on my private flight that evening, I had just finalized a deal with investors from Australia regarding new technology resources. Despite my busy schedule, my thoughts couldn't help but wander to Eternity. There is something about her that captivates me.
No matter how hard I try to push her out of my mind, she continues to linger in my thoughts. It would be dishonest to claim that she is the most beautiful woman I have ever encountered, as I have been in the presence of many stunning womens in my lifetime. However, there is a unique allure to Eternity that sets her apart from the rest.
It is not just her appearance that draws me in, but the depth of her beautiful amber eyes. There is a sense of innocence and purity within them that I have never seen before. Whenever I gaze into those eyes, I am compelled to uncover more about her. Eternity holds a mystery in her gaze that enchants me like no other.

Every time I gaze into her eyes, it's as if I'm peering into her very soul. She seems so transparent, as though she has a million things to say to me but holds back. Either she averts her gaze or hastily retreats.
Lost in her presence, my secretary interrupts with a sense of urgency. She wrings her hands nervously and gulps, her eyes brimming with tears.
"Sir, Collins, your butler called about eternity," she murmurs, her voice trembling.
I rise from my seat, my heart racing at the mention of eternity. "What's wrong? What happened with eternity?" I inquire, trying to steady my breathing. "Tell me everything," I urge her, my tone laced with concern.
She hands me the phone, her eyes silently pleading for reassurance.

Every time I gaze into her eyes, it's as if I'm peering into her very soul. She seems so transparent, as though she has a million things to say to me but holds back. Either she averts her gaze or hastily retreats.
Lost in her presence, my secretary interrupts with a sense of urgency. She wrings her hands nervously and gulps, her eyes brimming with tears.
"Sir, Collins, your butler called about eternity," she murmurs, her voice trembling.
I rise from my seat, my heart racing at the mention of eternity. "What's wrong? What happened with eternity?" I inquire, trying to steady my breathing. "Tell me everything," I urge her, my tone laced with concern.
She hands me the phone, her eyes silently pleading for reassurance.

"Mr. Knight, she has sustained some serious injuries to her stomach, hand, and left eye. I have cleaned and treated her wounds, and applied ointment and medication. It is crucial that she gets plenty of rest, sleeps well, and eats light, green foods that are easy to digest. I have also prescribed some medication for her; please make sure she takes them on time," he said as he stood up.
I nodded, my face contorted with concern.
Once the doctor left, I turned to Eternity lying on the bed, my heart aching at the sight of her injuries. Anger surged through me, making my hands clench into fists. I immediately called Dylin, my trusted private investigator who handles important documents and security matters for me and my company.

He answers the call "At my place, now," I commanded him and hung up. My grip on the phone remains tight, my other hand balled into a fist. I close my eyes, breathing heavily as anger pulses through me.
But when I look at Eternity, my expression softens. Despite all the time that has passed, she is still innocent. I can't believe I harbored so much hate towards her. I run my hands through my hair, feeling overwhelmed. She has been through so much, and I can't understand why I treated her so poorly. She could never betray me; she is not a gold digger. I realize now that I have been the one in the wrong, mistreating her from the very beginning of our marriage.
She has brought light into my dark world of hatred. She is my wife, and the truth is, she is nothing like the person I thought she was. I was wrong to treat her the way I did.

"Fhil," I glared at him. Eternity is sleeping, and he is bursting the door open."What happened to my sister", his hands clenched into fists, looking at the condition of eternity" Who the fuck did this to her," He asked frowning"Don't make noise Fhil she is sleeping," I hissed at him and come out from her room with him"I was in Australia with new business deal with Clients, when my flight landed Collins called me and told me that he found eternity on road in blood-covered snd injured seriously," I said and clenched my hands into fists wanting to kill that man who did this to her"What, who can be," Fhil asked while his nostrils flared"I think that man who gives her that files and documents of confidential information about my company, but I called Dylin he will investigate on this," I said while swallowing down my frustration.

"Dylin, you know that man is such a headache," Fhil complained as he gestured with his hands.
As we turned, we heard a familiar voice and saw Dylin standing there with a mischievous expression.
"I called you to help investigate the man responsible for my wife's condition," I told him sternly.
His mischievous expression faded and he looked at me seriously, asking, "What happened to Mrs. Knight?"
"She was kidnapped and severely beaten by the man, who is trying to get valuable information about my company," I explained, trying to keep my frustration in check.

"Is she doing okay now? Was she hurt badly?" he asked me.
"She is sleeping, the doctor said she needs a lot of rest because her injuries are very serious," I replied, my neck veins bulging as I closed my eyes and thought about Eternity, that innocent girl.
"I'm certain, Aaron, that this is the handiwork of your worthless rivals and enemies who are trying to steal valuable information about your company. We have discovered a group of hackers behind the information leak scam, but they are just pawns. We are still trying to uncover the mastermind behind it all. Eternity is innocent, just a pawn in their game. The man who gave her that envelope has confessed that she is not involved. We are continuing our investigation to find the truth," he reassured me.

"I have no doubt of her innocence. Speed up your efforts and nab the scoundrel responsible for this chaos. He's crossed a line by laying a finger on my wife. I'll make sure he never lays a hand on anyone again," I declared, gripping a nearby vase with determination in my eyes. I won't rest until justice is served for my beloved."

So my beautiful readers how is this chapter it's on Aaron pov please vote comment and share