022

"BLOODY EXAMS" Bee groaned

"BLOODY EXAMS" Bee groaned. "It's the only shit anybody ever talks about anymore." February had merged into March and NEWT's were just a few months round the corner.

"Ugh I hate studying" Fred groaned, him and George had told their friends about leaving after Easter and not doing the exams so the only reason he was studying was to spend time with Bee. See the pair hadn't had a lot of free time recently so study dates were really their only dates.

However Bee and Fred's little date was sadly interrupted when Professor McGonagall burst into the library searching frantically.

"Miss Gallagher, can you come with me please."

"Eh yeah of course" Bee quickly packed her stuff into her rucksack.

"Do you want me to come with?" Fred asked, clearly seeing something was wrong from the look on his Professor's face.

"No it's fine, i'll be back soon" Beatrice smiled.

"Okay love" Fred kissed her forehead. McGonagall smirked.

When Bee arrived at Dumbledore's office, she was confused to find her mum and sister already there waiting for her.

Charlotte ran up to her sister, pulling her in for a tight hug.

"What's wrong?" Bee looked from person to person, waiting on someone to answer.

"It's dad" Charlotte's voice cracked and Bee's heart dropped.

"Bee, he's in hospital. He was bit by Fenir Greyback, a werewolf who's working for You-know-who."

Bee felt as if time had stopped. It was like one of those scenes from the movies. The cold salty tears started to fall from her eyes down her pale cheeks, Bee didn't bother trying to stop them.

"He can't" Bee whispered. Beatrice stood for a minute, the others letting her take everything in before trying to start a conversation.

"We can go see-" Charlotte started.

"Yes, let's go."

~~~

St. Mungos was one of Bee's least favourite places on earth. She simply couldn't understand how someone would want to work there. Bee hadn't been to the dull building that many times in her life, twice that she could remember.

The first time was when Bee was five, she had tried to climb a tree but ended up falling over and resulted in her breaking a bone in her ankle. The second being when Bee had just turned 10 and she had to go and visit a family friend with pneumonia.

"Dad?" Beatrice winced at the sight of her father in a hospital bed.

"Bee" The frail man forced a smile. "Thanks for coming."

"What's going to-" Bee paused. "Happen to you?"

Brian Gallagher looked up at his wife, unsure of the answer.

"You'll be fine, the doctor said you might have some werewolf like symptoms such as having your steak rare. But ultimately since Greyback wasn't in his werewolf form at the time you won't be a full werewolf." Ashleigh said.

Bee sighed with relief.

~~~

When she arrived back at Hogwarts Fred was still sitting in the library waiting patiently. "You okay?" He jumped up.

"I wasn't, but I'm fine now" Bee said truthfully.

"What happened?" Fred looked concerned.

"Dad was bit by a werewolf" Bee sighed. "The doctor says he's going to be okay though."

Fred pulled Bee into his arms and squeezed his tightly. "I'm so sorry babe. Do you wanna talk about it?"

"Not really" Bee frowned. She was one of those people that preferred to distract herself rather than talk about whatever was making her sad.

~~~

"Sixteen years I've lived and taught here! Hogwarts is my home! You can't do this!" Trelawney said through the tears.

Beatrice and her friends were currently all standing in the crowd of students watching Umbridge as she fired the Divination teacher. Everyone was pretty upset, Bee in particular, Divination was her favourite subject and she couldn't imagine it without the spunky teacher.

"Actually I can" Umbridge pointed to the order of dismissal with a smug look on her face. McGonagall showed up to comfort Trelawney. "Something you'd like to say dear?" Umbridge asked McGonagall.

"Oh, there are several things I would like to say!" Mirvena started to get more annoyed.

Dumbledore then showed up. "Professor McGonagall, might I ask you to escort Sybil back inside?!"

McGonagll tried not to smirk. "Sybil, dear, this way."

Trelawney shook Dumbledore's hand vicariously. "Oh, thank you! Thank you!"

Umbridge practically had fume coming out her head. "Dumbledore, may I remind you that under the terms of Educational Decree #23, as enacted by the Minister..."

"You have the right to dismiss my teachers. You do not, however, have the authority to banish them from the grounds! That power remains with the headmaster!" Dumbledore interrupted.

"For now." Umbridge spoke quietly.

For now. Those two words made Bee terrified of what power the pink toad would soon have and how she'd impact Hogwarts.

~~~

authors note -
happy boxing day! hope you've all had a great holiday so far, even if you don't celebrate christmas. sorry this was short, i had a bit of writers block! over 300 of you read the last chapter and didn't vote lol, please click the little star, it takes a few seconds & really helps to motivate me ((: