Chapter Four

One Month Later

One Month Later

The faint smell of grilled meat filled Kennedy's nostrils as she sat amongst the small group of people. Her mind wondered as she looked at the children playing on the swing set. Her and Simone were out together at a barbecue that she didn't really want to be at. Simone was having one of those days where she just wanted to be alone, but she stuck it out because her friend didn't want to come alone.

"You okay sweets," Simone asked nudging Kennedy arm a bit. Simone could see the look on her face and she knew that something was bothering her friend but as usual Kennedy didn't want to talk about it. She loved Kenn like a sister so she didn't pressure her she just would wait until the time was right. "David is going to come I think." Simone pointed out. She hadn't heard Kennedy mention him in a while and though she would bring his name up to see where her mind was with him.

"That's cool." Kennedy said with her lips slightly pouted. She didn't know how to feel about David. They had went on a few more dates last month and she thought the vine was good until last week he just didn't communicate with her at all. She tried calling and text but he would never respond. She had written it off that he just wasn't into her anymore.

She wasn't going to stress it though. "I'm about to walk around a bit." She said to Simone. Simone nodded telling her to be careful. They were at what look like a small park that had a really pretty view of L.A.

Walking helped her clear her mind of negative thoughts. Sometimes she take morning walks and find places that were secluded just to scream or talk to God. Breathing in some of the fresh air she found a spot that had a bench and took a seat.

"Lord give me strength that I need to get through my day, Amen." She hugged her arms, it was a bit windy and she had forgotten to bring her sweater.

"Excuse me." She heard a tiny voice from behind her. Turning around a beautiful little girl.

 Turning around a beautiful little girl