Capter Ten

Same Night

Same Night

...How did he find me?...

Staring out the window of the car, David and I sat in quiet. Rain started to pour from out of no where. Tonight was supposed to be a special night. It was supposed to be filled with love, but my mood had turned sour. My mind was in shambles and I felt stuck. I could think straight and it was frustrating me. Tears started to fall and I didn't stop them. I could feel David staring at me but I said nothing. There was nothing he could do for me. Especially not now, because Justin had found me.

"You gone tell me what's wrong?" He questioned, looking from me to the road.

"No." I answered simply. I just wanted to be left alone.

"Kennedy. Look at me," he demanded. I didn't, I continued to stare out the window. "How are we going to make a relationship work when you won't talk babe?"

"Just take me home." I replied. I felt guilty for not letting him in but I was stuck in my ways, and I didn't want to talk about my problems just to bring down his mood even more than I already had.

He pulled the car over making me look over at him in confusion. "What are you doing?" I asked as he cut off the engine.

"I'm not taking you no where until you tell me what the problem is." He stared me down.

"Stop being childish David and take me home, please." My voice cracked.

"Baby you can tell me anything, you got to believe me when I tell you that. Just tell me what's wrong." He grabbed my hands and held them up to his chest.

I stared at him for a short while. Looking into his eyes and there was no doubt that I could trust him. I was just scared to open up to him because I was afraid to tell him that I was falling in love with him.

"When I went to get the waters I could feel someone's hands glide against my back." My tears started to flow down my cheeks. "I heard him say that I looked nice and he called me that nickname that I always hated." I looked away. "He called me Kennie Cat whenever he was apologizing after he beat me. It was Justin, he was there tonight."

He frowned, pulling his hands from mine. "Why you ain't tell me when we're there?"

"What would you have done? He said what he said and before I could even register what who it was, he was gone."

"I don't give a damn Kenn!" He shouted making me flinch. Taking a breath he turned in his seat and started the car.

We didn't speak until we were in front of his house. I looked over at him and he just stared straight. "Why didn't you take me home?" I asked softly.

"I ain't finna' let nothing happen to you. If he found where you volunteer, who's to know what else this nigga can find out. Until I get this figured out, you staying here with me."

"You don't have to do that David." I looked over at him. He frowned over at me.

"What?" I asked.

"I'm your man. I'm supposed to protect you with every breath, bone and muscle in my body. I would never let nothing happen to you as long as I'm living." His face softened. Leaned over and placed a calming kissing on my lips, making me let out a shaky breath.

"Okay." I nodded. He got out of the car and walked over to my side helping me out of the car as well. Something about him reassuring me that he was going to be there for me helped me to pull myself out of all the negative thoughts.

Walking up to the door I stopped and turned to him. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"I love you." I said with a smile. It didn't matter if he said it back or not. I just wanted him to know that I loved him and trusted him with my heart.

"I love you too baby. So much." He bent down and kissed my lips. In this moment he was all I needed. And nothing or no one could stop me from being happy with my man.

~~~

Across Town

The Hennessy bottle rested in my hand as my eyes scanned the wall of pictures of us. I had been missing her for so long and I finally found her. Our relationship was the first of many that gave me the strength to do better for myself. But I started to screw up a long the way. I'm back now. And there's nothing and no one that's going to stop me from getting back the love of my life.

Filler Chapter...

Author's Note:

Little Filler