Abseiling

Demi P.O.V

"So what do we do now?" AJ asks. "Do we use the walkie talkie?"

Shane presses a few buttons. "Hello? Hello? . . . No answer."

As we wait for some sort of communication, Shane, Hollie and Mo immerse themselves in a conversation.

"It's so crazy to meet you, by the way," AJ says sweetly. He's dressed more appropriately than I am in some black jeans, a white tee and a leather jacket to tie the look together.

"I know! I feel like we've seen each other so many times and never introduced ourselves. So what do you think is happening now?"

"I have no idea, but I'm already hungry."

He's a very good looking chap - my mum and a lot of her friends have a little thing for the Pritchard brothers. "I can't believe you're wearing a dress. You must be freezing!"

"I am." I agree.

"Well, it looks great on you." He backtracks. "I can't wait until we get our castle outfits and-"

Bleep.

"Oh my gosh," Shane shouts. "Hello? Over."

There's a short amount of static across the walkie talkie, until a soft feminine voice echoes through the speaker. "Hello? Can anyone hear me?"

"Hi! This is Shane Ritchie. Who is this? Over."

". . . Hi! This is Victoria Derbyshire."

I peer up to the top of the cliff face. "They're up there!"

AJ, Mo and I cheer at the top of our lungs and manage to grab the other group's attention. They wave their arms in the air, cheering and screaming in excitement.

"Who else is up there with you?" Shane asks over the walkie talkie.

"So up here is Vernon Kay, Beverly Callard, Jordan North, and Giovanna Fletcher. Who else is down with you?"

AJ takes the walkie talkie off of Shane. "Hi! This is AJ Pritchard. We have Demi Banks, Hollie Arnold . . . and Sir Mo Farah!"

"Shane!" Vernon erupts over the microphone. It's clear that they're good pals by the joy in his voice. "So we have a trunk up here. I'm about to open it . . . we have a scroll inside!"

We wait a couple of seconds for Vernon to unwrap the scroll. "Okay, I'll read it."

"Celebrities! You must now work in pairs to retrieve your rucksacks, which are padlocked to the cliff. To unlock them, you will need to answer questions with the help of your fellow celebrities. Any celebrity who fails to collect their rucksack won't have their kit for the first night in camp. Good luck."

I'm relieved to find out I won't be the one scaling down the cliff face, but petrified for the other group. Shane and Giovanna, AJ and Victoria, Hollie and Beverly, Mo and Jordan, and Vernon and I are the pairings. We're all strapped into harnesses and guided through how to use the abseiling equipment to lower our partners to the ground.

Shane decides to go first. He stands at the base of the rocks with the rope in his hands, ready to guide Giovanna 100 feet down to the ground.

"I'd want to go first if I was up there," Mo adds. "I bet watching the others go over the side is the worst part."

Shane and Giovanna work like a dream team. She carefully climbs down the cliff and approaches the third pair of rucksacks. "Shane, keep it there!" She instructs. Giovanna graciously swings herself across the face of the cliff and grabs ahold of the two rucksacks.