"She's Special To Me"

Jordan P.O.V

"How do you think Demi and AJ are doing?" I ask Victoria.

"I think they'll smash it. They're both really smart and determined."

"Yeah, me too. She's a proper sweet one, isn't she?"

"Who?"

"Demi," I say. "We get along so well with each other."

"You seem to," Victoria smiles. "She's like a little sister to you, ain't she?"

"Yeah . . . I guess?" Well, no?" I admit to Victoria. I need to open up to someone about how I've been feeling, before it all bursts out unexpectedly. "Like . . . She's special to me, and-,"

The phone rings.

"Oh my god!" Victoria cuts off the conversation with me, darting out of her chair and up to the phone box.

Victoria listens intently to Kiosk Cledwyn, giving us a thumbs up to signal that they've got the castle coins. "The question is, 'What are the colours of the Welsh Flag?' Is it A) Red, Green and White. Or B) Red, Green, White and Yellow?"

"A! 100%" Hollie confirms. Hollie originally grew up in Wales and competes for them in sport, so she should know this fact off the back of her head. We have a short discussion, but decide to stick with Hollie's answer and submit option A.

"Sorry, mate." Victoria apologises profusely. "I didn't mean to cut you off there. What is it you were saying?"

I shake my head. "Don't worry about it."

Not too long after the phone call, Demi and AJ reappear in camp with smiles plastered across their cheeks. Demi arrives with a cloche-full of warm tiger bread and butter. We devour the snack in a matter of minutes, setting our taste-buds alight. If we ever won a brownie or some cheesecake, the producers would have to come in with a mop and bucket!

Demi P.O.V

"Keep on going!" Mo chants. "One more! Let's build up that appetite!"

"I can't do anymore! And I'm already starving."

"Yes, you can!"

Mo insisted on doing a workout this evening and chose . .  . forced me . . . to be his workout partner. He's completed four laps of the castle and insisted on getting in some extra cardio as well before Ant and Dec arrive.

I lay on the stone floor in the living quarters with Mo knelt on my feet. "One more sit up?"

"Go on, Demi! You can do one more." Jordan claps.

"Well, you know what? You do it then!"

Mo jumps off of my feet, pulls me up off the ground, and I march over to where Jordan is slumped in his chair. "Get up and do some sit-ups!"

I get all up in Jordan's face. His stubble has begun to grow which frames his cheekbones and shimmering brown eyes. His eyebrows are a little bushy, which adds a manly touch to his lean figure. He smiles at me, and we share an innocent giggle.

Jordan jumps up, rips his coat off and lays down across the floor. "I'll show you how it's done, Demi Banks! You just wait."

"You have to do thirty," Mo instructs.

"Thirty . . . Thirty! Demi said I only had to do one!"

"Well, she's been doing them for twenty minutes. So thirty push-ups right now, North!"

Hollie and I sit next to one another, keeled over in hysterics at Jordan's awful attempt. His face scrunches up every time he tenses his abs, and half of the time he doesn't even get half of the way up.

"Hello, Celebrities! . . . um?"

I turn around and meet eyes with Ant and Dec, who managed to creep through the castle entrance unnoticed. They look awfully confused. "Have we interrupted something?"

"You're just in time to see Jordan's pathetic excuse for a sit-up."

"Pathetic?" Jordan exclaims. "That was Olympic standard!"

"Well get yourselves sat around the campfire because we have news for you all!"

We all kindle around the firepit. Hollie comes and sits on my left, and AJ grabs the seat on my right. "We are here to tell you who is doing the next trial, 'Stage Fright'."

"Now the public hasn't been voting for this one, because the celebrity taking part in this trial is..."

"All of you!"

Another trial? This will be my third trial in four days.

"Everyone, get ready and make your way to the trial clearing immediately."

Once the boys have concluded their brief visit, we all collect our camouflage water bottles and ready ourselves to leave camp.

"You're gonna smash this," Jordan hugs me tight to his chest. "You're like a little warrior."

"Aww. Love you, Jordan." He has become like a big, hilarious brother to me over the past few days in camp. "I'm sure you will as well."

When Jordan jogs to the privy for a quick pee, I stand and observe the dancing flames of the firepit, wondering what this trial could hold for us. Stage fright? Maybe something in costumes, or something involving dancing? How will all ten of us be incorporated? Is it a comedy show?

I feel a pair of arms snake around my waist, startling me out of my thoughts.

"Did I scare you?"

"A little," I tell AJ, comforted by the warmth of his chest on my back. "You okay?"

"Yeah. I just thought I'd come and see you. We haven't spoken this evening."

I turn myself in AJ's hands and snake my arms over his shoulders, tightening the hug. I can hear the beating of his heart and his soft inhalations. "We did the castle coin challenge earlier?"

"I know, but-,"

"Come on, you two!" Vernon catches us cuddled up to one another. "We're all going now."

All of the other campmates have disappeared towards the clearing, except for Vernon who is propping the gates open, awaiting our departure.

AJ, Vern and I bolt down the stairs to catch up with our other campmates, ready to battle whatever could be thrown at us.

- - - - -

How are we liking Jordan? I can't believe he's been voted for another trial! But I think he's absolutely hilarious. We're getting closer and closer to 10,000 reads! Very excited!

This chapter's shout out goes to ChloeStrachan. I see your comments all the time and they always make me smile! Xx