The Start Of A Love Triangle

Demi P.O.V

There's a beautiful atmosphere in camp this morning. Everyone is in a good mood.

Victoria and I bundle onto Shane's bed for a three-way good-morning spoon. We chat about our nights' sleep, Bev's talking habits whilst she snores, and anything else we have to add.

"Last night was so much fun, wasn't it?"

"Yeah," I reminisce on the tears, laughs and dance moves. "Giovanna's luxury item was such a good idea."

"That lift you did with AJ though. I mean, how cool was that?" Victoria nudges my side. "You two have a real good thing going on."

I sigh. "I know what you're about to say, and AJ and I are just friends."

"Oh come on love!" Shane interrupts. "She's got a thing with Jordan goin' on. That's what's happening!"

"What!" Victoria gasps. "Are you serious?"

I frown, not actually knowing what Shane is talking about. "What do you mean, Jordan and I?"

"You two! Havin' a cwytch at the lookout and giggling; consoling him before all the trials; you joke about with each other; for god's sake - he said he liked ya in the truth and dare game!"

"But . . . but he's literally like a brother to me."

"He doesn't think so."

"How do you know that?"

"I just do." He shrugs. "I'm gonna go and make some breakfast. Rice and beans, or . . .? I'm only kidding. You ain't got any other option."

I'm left with a pit in my stomach from something other than hunger. I don't want Jordan to have the wrong impression of me, or to think that I'm leading him on, because I really don't want him to think of me as anything more than a little sister. I don't want to come across like I'm leading anyone on. The last thing I come into camp for was a love triangle.

"I wouldn't take any notice of Shane. I think you and Jordan are just good buds."

"You do?"

"Yep. And to be honest, I think AJ is the one for you."

I thought I was on I'm a Celeb, not Love Island. This is really beginning to get frustrating.

"Just hear me out!" Victoria begs. "When you're in camp, you naturally gravitate towards him; you have funny inside jokes; AJ gets all sad when you're not around."

"Victoria." I interrupt. My tone of voice is a lot sterner than I thought it would be. "As much as I know you're trying to help me, and you want the best for me, I would really appreciate it if you didn't keep sticking your nose into my love life."

"But-,"

"Honestly!" I sigh. "Please, just stop. I've had enough of you, and Bev, and Shane, all wondering who I'm gonna hook up with."

My eyes begin to mist up with tears. A mix of tiredness, hunger, being cold all the time, homesickness and love triangles are beginning to tip me over the edge.

"Please, just leave me alone."

So much for the good vibes.

I run out of the sleeping quarters, through the courtyard and up to the lookout. When I reach the top of the castle wall, I throw my hat and bottle down on the side of the bench, rip off my bandana, and begin to sob.

Vernon P.O.V

I push the lever up and down as a pathetic trickling stream of water drops into the bathtub. "I'm gonna get in and out as quick as I can." AJ winces. He steps into the grotty tub and draws the curtain around himself, chucking his t-shirt and shorts over the curtain rail. "I'm leaving my trunks on. There is no way I want any castle bugs getting at my bits."