Dirty Dancing

Demi P.O.V

The sound of footsteps echoes around the sleeping quarters.

"Oi, you two. Jordan's back from the trial."

Vernon flicks his eyes between the both of us, reading the situation carefully. AJ withdraws his hand quickly from my chest and shoves it back into his pocket.

Vernon smirks lightly.

"So . . . You coming in then, or do you want some time alone?"

For god's sake.

"Yeah." AJ sniffles. "Let's go."

When I spot Jordan, his face is lit up with excitement and joy. He sees me enter the room, breaks out in a smile and sprints through the crowd of people.

"I did it, Demi! I got 12 stars!"

Jordan wraps his arms around my middle and lifts my tiny body up into the air, spinning me around like a vortex. His clothes stink and he's a little damp, but I don't care. I wrap my arms and legs around him, holding him tight with pride.

It's so amazing to see how far he's come. He smashed the trial he did with AJ and me, and then the one he did with Shane. Now he's completed a trial and set the camp record, all by himself.

"Well done Jordan! Aww, I'm so proud of you!"

Whilst Giovanna and Shane cook up 12 stars worth of squirrel (Yes. Squirrel.), Jordan explains the task that he had to do. Locked in an underground tunnel, he had to lay on his back on a trolley and pull his way through, collecting stars along the way. He put his hands into boxes of toads, had giant mealworms and cockroaches dropped on his face, and had his hand almost bitten by a water dragon.

Dinner wasn't too bad, but still wasn't great. We were given some ginger to have with it, so that added the flavour that we were all craving.

"You ready to begin washing up?" Mo asks, grabbing as many pots as he can. "It shouldn't take us too long."

"Ready when you are."

As Mo and I are scooping up armfuls of pans and cutlery, Ruthie and Russell appear from the courtyard, beaming from eye to eye.

"Everyone!" Russell cheers. "Come and gather in the living quarters. We have some news for you all."

News? What news?

As we're sitting down, Mo asks me if I have any idea what they're talking about. I tell him I don't have a scooby, but I wanna get my plates washed up and have an early night.

"Okay." Ruthie starts. "So earlier on today, I was walking through the courtyard, and I heard a voice coming from a painting on the wall."

"...DAVE!" Gi and Vernon shout. I've seen them basically praying to that photo, they love it so much.

"Well 'Dave' told me that Russell and I had the chance to pull off some pranks around camp, and if we did, we could win everyone's luxury items."

Luxury items? My luxury item!

My eyes begin to prick and water. I know exactly what my luxury item is. I've been thinking about it ever since we arrived in camp. It's the perfect thing to keep us all in good spirit and will add a festive feel.

"Wait . . . was that ghost thing a prank?" Jordan stutters. ". . . OH MY GOD I WAS SO SCARED!"

Russell and Ruthie reveal that the foot massage and the ghost-spotting were all demands from Dave the jester. Every prank that they completed earned us four luxury items.