Chapter 29

Ariana's POV

"I have an idea too" I replied.

"Go on then" he rolled his eyes and sat down on my bed.

"We get Mark to come over and we cook a really nice meal and send mum out for the day to a spa or something and she can get a dress and we can decorate the house and we would rush her upstairs to change and then when she comes down she greets mark and we all act normal" I suggested.

"I swear you read my mind" he smirked.

"Look, I'm sorry about the argument and I'm sorry for not apologising sooner. Its just Michael is my best friend and your my baby sister, you know I don't like guys around you" he placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Why dont you accept us though, we love eachother" I mumbled.

"Your 16! Do you even know what love is?" He asked.

"I have a pretty good idea, every time I see, hear or I am with Michael I would get butterflies and I would feel nervous, his smile and his laugh makes me weak. I really like Michael, Ashton" I looked into my brothers eyes and his expression softened.

"I know but your only 16, please wait a little while before getting into something serious" he looked a bit upset.

"Ash, why can't I have a boyfriend?" I sighed.

"When our dad left, I took the role as a father figure to you, I always made sure that you were safe and you were healthy. I played games with you, gave you advice, helped you with homework and I took on two roles at once. I am a father figure to you, Lauren and Harry. If Jack didn't leave Lauren and Harry would have a real father, but I'm glad I'm a father figure because it means I can protect you as a father would and as a brother would" he ran his fingers through his hair and kept glancing at the ground.

"I just want to protect you, I really don't want you to grow up" I wiped my eyes and hugged my brother tight.

I sighed and ran my fingers through my long hair.

"Ashton.. We need to make this meal special for mum" he nodded in agreement and pulled out his phone.

"What.. What are you doing?" I asked.

"Texting Mark" he replied.

"Why?!" I screamed.

He jumped and glared at me and then looked back at his phone.

"He needs to know " I nodded and played with my fingers.

Ashton's POV

"I'm going to get some food" Ariana mumbled before walking out of her bedroom.

I quickly turned her laptop to face me and pulled up Skype, I put the earphones into my ears and looked at Michaels face on the screen.

"Oh- uhh hi Ash" Michael scratched the back of his neck.

"Hi, look Ariana doesn't like you anymore" I replied.

"Ashton, you aren't going to break us up" he chuckled

"Ask her yourself then!" I groaned.

"I will!" He protested

"I have to go now, bye" I smiled and ended the call, I closed her laptop and picked up Ariana's phone.

I cringed at Michaels contact name and opened the new text message from him.

From:Mikeybooxx

Ari, Ash keeps telling me that you don't like me xxxx

To:Mikeybooxx

Oh, Mikey.. You werent supposed to find out yet. But now you know.. I'm sorry but I guess I just don't feel the same anymore xxx

I somehow managed to fool Michael into thinking I was actually Ariana, I laughed and opened the next message.

From:Mikeybooxx

Oh.. Why not?

To:Mikeybooxx

Ashton's right, you aren't good for me. I know that you were cheating on me and having sex with other girls whilst we were together.

I lied about the having sex part to make the situation a little worse.

From:Mikeybooxx

What the fuck Ariana?! Why do you think I would do something like that?! And what do you mean 'we were together?!

To:Mikeybooxx

I know you were cheating Michael, I'm not fucking stupid.

From:Mikeybooxx

Im not fucking going through this, why don't you trust me?! Why did I let myself fall for you. Fuck this, were over.

To:Mikeybooxx

Wait, what did you say? The last part?

I locked her phone and put it back to where it was before.

Ariana walked back into the room and smiled at me and sat down and picked up her phone.

Ariana's POV

From:Mikeybooxx

Fuck it, I'm breaking up with you! Got that now dumbass?.

"M-Michael" I muttered, my voice cracked and I broke down into tears.

I threw my phone at the wall and screamed, I fell face down on my bed sheets and sobbed for a while.