Chapter 6: Explanation of Plans

"Oh wait. They can do anything."

"America. What do you mean?" I asked. What was she talking about?

"We're popping this pop. And heading to San Francisco." She explained. 'Popping this pop?' Weird expression.

"Hate to break it to you, but I doubt, even with all of our money combined, that we could afford 6 plane tickets and a place to stay and food." Julia pointed out.

"Maybe so. But you forget. We're the kids who got in the most trouble out of the whole school." Connor smiled, proud of this.

"Who here can pickpocket? Steal?" America smiled slyly. Raising her own hand, answering her own question.

Nobody answered until Simón slowly raised his hand. "Great, anyone else?" No-one answered. She still smiled anyway though. Positivity in that one.

"So, two of us. Any hackers?" Connor raised his hand. America waited for anyone else. "Two of us. And last, any con-artists?"

Silence ran throughout the classroom. Julia slowly raised her hand.

"Only one of us. Not a problem. Anyways. That should be enough. Tomorrow we will leave. Bring phones, iPads, computers and devices, but delete any tracking services." She instructed. Smart, no one would be able to track us. "Now. Let's pool together the money we have right now."

When we added all of our money together it added up to about $1,200. America had the largest sum of money out of all of us. "You may not know this, but my families creepy rich."

"Good. Now we will purchase the tickets." America announced, once we had our money organized.

"How are we supposed to do that?" I asked. As far as I know, you can't buy something online with cash. It just doesn't work.

"Simple. I know a guy." America replied. When someone says I know a guy, it's always in a movie. Actually, everyone knows a guy, but the saying is kind of comedic.

"You know a guy?" Julia asked, eyebrow raised.

"Yes. As weird as it sounds, I do. My brother's ex-girlfriend's younger brother's best friend's older brother. He works for an airline, and can get us tickets. And for cheap." She said. Another thing that happens mostly in movies just came out of her mouth.

"Okay, how do we get to this guy?" I asked.

"I'm meeting with him after school, and this money should cover the tickets."

"What about somewhere to stay and food?" Julia asked. Her and I were thinking alike here.

"That's where you, and Simón, and Connor and I come in. We can get ourselves that money, without it really being ours." Fair point. But I'm guessing it was going to be a big sum.

"Here's the plan." Connor began. Wow, they really worked this out. Giving me weird vibes. "Everyone is going to go home and take about a hundred dollars from their parents. Parents are loaded, so they shouldn't realize it's fone that fast. Most families have an area where they just keep random money that they don't know what to do with, so take from there."

Lucas looked at me, freaked out of his mind. I couldn't imagine the small boy stealing from his parents. I'd talk to him later.

"That'd be around $600, though. Still not enough." Julia added, proving a valid point.

"He wasn't done." America said, still excited. "We also have this." She pulled six credit cards out of her pocket. "Credit cards."

"We can see that. But who's?" I questioned.

"Different people. From all over. So no one could trace it to all of us stealing from people at the same place. You will each get one. And I'll tell you the pin and teach you how to do the signature. All that junk." She told us, handing out pieces of paper that she had had next to her. On my paper, and probably on everyone else's was a signature. And she had made worksheets pretty much, like the ones you use in 3rd grade when you're learning cursive, that had a tracing section and then an area to practice.

"How'd you get them?" I asked her, while I started filling out the signatures.

"You don't get to know that." Was all she replied with. I'm guessing she did something pretty illegal.

Soon we had finished the worksheets and everyone had perfected the signature, we put the credit cards and pieces of paper in our pockets. America also added our money to her pocket.

"There. Remember pack for a trip, but don't overpack, just the necessities. And bring it in your normal bag. We'll leave in the morning. If anything else comes up, I'll text you about it."

And just like that, we went back to working on our project. But I doubt that anyone could really focus, it was exciting and scary what was going to happen the next day.