Chapter 7: Popping the Pop

"Kids say the darnedest things"

I got up the next morning ready for our adventure. Just like yesterday I found text's on my phone from America and Connor.

Gangstah Gang:

America: g.

I quickly texted back. The text said that it was from 4:30 that morning. What time does the girl get up?

G: yeah?

America: can u bring ur stuff in a really big bag. not suspiciously big, but big?

G: sure. why??

America: were going 2 smuggle our stuff thru u

G: how?

America: ur going to say that ur epipen, u have 1 right, is in your bag and that ur mom was mad that u wernt bringing it everywhere with u. kk?

G: fine. sure.

So I went into my closet in search of a large backpack. And strangely enough, I had one. I put my stuff in and it took about 1/6 of the room. Perfect.

I walked into the school building with a pounding heart. I was so scared that we would be caught, but also excited. I'd never done anything like this before. Actually none of us had, as far as I knew.

"Great. Your bag is perfect!" America announced as I walked into our classroom. Everyone had gotten there before me. "Everyone. Put your stuff in her bag. But keep your bag out of the bag." Everyone went and emptied their belongings into my bag. And it just fit.

"Alright. We're heading to the library." The secretary began when she came into the classroom. We got up, and I picked up my bag. As I walked out the door she stopped me. "Bags are left here. You should know that by now."

"I do. But my mom found out that I wasn't bringing my epipen into the library with me, so she got mad and now I have to take it everywhere with me."

She looked down at me skeptically. The story didn't really make sense, but hopefully it would just fly by her.

"Well. Alright." She said, deciding not to engage.

I headed down the halls, after her and the other students.

"Great. She let you bring the bag." America began, as soon as the secretary left the library and headed back to her office. "We have our tickets. No left over money though. Did everyone do their homework?" She asked, acting like a teacher.

We nodded.

"Great. That will be used for food. But we still need money for shelter. But we'll get to that later." She said pacing the room. "Right now we are going to create identities."

Puzzled I asked her, "What do you mean?"

""Well, as soon as we're gone everyone will assume that we were either kidnapped, missing or ran away. And our parents will call the police. So we need to make it harder to identify us." She told us, with an evil smirk on her face. "And I have an idea, but if you don't agree we don't have to do it. Connor. You're the oldest looking out of us, does everyone agree?" She asked looking to us. I nodded, Julia and Lucas along with me. "You will be pretending to be an uncle. Got it?"

"I guess?"

"Perfect. Julia and Lucas. You look the youngest out of us. You will pretend to be 8 and Connor's children." Julia and Lucas looked at each other, shocked. I had to hold back a laugh. What a thought.

"What about you and me?" I asked, wondering what she had planned for the two of us. "And Simón."

"You and I will be Simón's children." I looked to Simón. He look just as shocked as me.

"I don't think I look young enough, and he looks old enough for that to work."

"Fair point. But here's where something comes in. We will look different. Everyone will be getting makeover before we go." She explained, with a sly grin. Carefully she took her jacket off and set it down on the table. She lifted the back off. Inside of the jacket was makeup and all sorts of dress up clothes. All rolled into a plastic bag.

"Wow. So we're going to use that?" Julia asked.

"Yup. You and Lucas will have to make yourselves look younger. So I brought hair ties for you. And for Lucas you're just going to have to act younger." She turned to me and Simón. "Julia, you're comfortable dying your hair, right?" She asked her. Julia looked at her confused.

"Yeah. Why?"

"And you know how?"

"Again, yes."

"Terrific! So you're going to dye G's hair."

Julia eyes opened wide. What the heck did she mean? Julia looked to me, confused.

"Okay? What colors?"

"These." She pulled out a little container from her pocket. It had a color label, reading strawberry-blonde. "G, you will dye your hair to be like mine. No one else has to dye their hair. G, jus so you know we will pretend to be twins." She hands me the container. "Get to work on that."

I walk over to a corner with Julia. She starts to dye my hair, after reading the instructions and putting on gloves.