America's Report

A/N :So like I kind of honestly ran out of ideas for this but here's this, the 'report' she made for their summer detention.

Written

So I was assigned baking. Not really a baker, never have been. So I have no idea what I'm going to write. Just going to write random things and own it. Because you didn't say I'm getting graded.

There is a show called the Great British Bake-Off. That I do now about. And I've seen many episodes of it. A family member loves it. It changed, they got rid of Mel and Sue which I hated them for. The networks changed or whatever, but now the show is just terrible.

It's British, as in the title, and they all have accents. I like them. But they can be hard to understand sometimes. In the show they have three 'rounds' per episode. The first round is the signature bake where they make somewhat a free choice bake. The next round is the technical, where they all make the same recipe, which is one of the judges, and have to make it without knowing what it's supposed to look like. Last is the show-stopper where they have to dazzle the judges with something show-stopping.

It's a fun show, though I doubt that I would ever eat any of the treats they make. Especially the meat pies. Ugh, meat. I'm a vegetarian by the way, that eats Panda Express string bean chicken. But that's all the meat I'll have.

In my life I've probably baked one thing. That I can remember. Before my mom became rich one day, we used to hang out a lot and she would bake many treats for me and my siblings. She would always try to teach me, but I never wanted to. Though, one time I did make something. My older sister, by two years, wanted to bake a cake and my mom said she had to do it with someone, we were 6 and 8, so she dragged me into her project. We made a chocolate cake. Iced it with cookie icing made with water and flour. And we put little sugar candies into the center of the cake. The batter was too much so we made cupcakes, and we put a little candy into each of them.

After that experience I guess you could call me a master chef. Wait no, you should call me a master chef.

I was told that I had to do some research for this, thank's G, so I did. Here are my random facts about baking or really sweet things:

McDonald's makes wedding cakes out of apple pies in Hong Kong. Weird, I don't get the reasoning behind that.

Fruitcake contains alcohol, and my mom said I couldn't have any kind of 'drink' until I was 21, and it can last years and years and years. Oh wait, it doesn't need to have alcohol, but still mom I've had alcohol.

Candy canes were invented in a place called Germany. And I'm not saying that like I don't know what Germany is, I do. It was supposed to keep children quiet in church. If you gave me a candy cane in church I would make more noise than I was before, those things are minty.

The chocolate in the river in Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory was real. Water with chocolate and cream. Ew, that would get weird smelling fast.

There are $25,000 ice cream sundaes. That's stupid, you're just going to eat it. I hope it's really good or something.

New York loves Dunkin' Donuts. Weird, there are more of them, than the McDonalds and Starbucks combined. I mean Dunkin's fine, but I wouldn't want one everywhere.

There's so many other facts that I found, but I'm too bored to tell you them. So if you want just Google random facts about baking, and you'll find the same site I got to.

Anyway's that should be good for my written part. And I can just say that for my oral too, nice.

"Whoever's a mother out there, happy mother's day!" -Dylan Sprouse, 1999

Visual