Chapter 3

"There. I've created a masterpiece." Petra set down the hair dryer, then fluffed Trinity's hair out around her shoulders in soft waves.

"Oh my God, I'm scared to look," Trinity groaned. "Why did I do this? Do you know how much of a nightmare it's going to be to go back to blonde?"

Petra curled her lip, "Go back? Why? You look like a beautiful butterfly."

Trinity's shoulders fell with another groan. "I don't wanna look like a butterfly. I-I think I'm going to cry, Pet. I really am," Trinity sniffed.

"What?! No! You haven't even seen yourself yet. Come on, silly. Just look. You're seriously gorgeous. Like, really gorgeous. Your eye color looks so much richer. Have I ever steered you wrong?" she coaxed.

Trinity squeezed her eyes shut, feeling her way around until she reached the bathroom. Sucking in some courage, she opened her eyes. Platinum blonde was now as dark as the night. She hardly recognized herself. Petra was right. Her deep blue eyes did stand out against the black. Okay. This wasn't bad. She could deal. She would deal. So why did she still feel like crying?

"So? Whatcha think?"

"I like it."

"Oh lord. Are you crying?"

"No," Trinity denied, brushing away a tear.

"Bullshit. You are crying! Girl, you don't understand. You are smoking sexy with this color. I promise. Now it's my turn."

"Fine," she sighed. "What color did you pick?"

"I have to stay conservative since I run a hotel. Soo, I'm going to go from brown to red."

"I heard red's hard to get out of hair," Trinity remarked combing her fingers through her own.

"Stop messing up your hair. And, yes, it is hard to get out of hair. I was red a long time ago and it was a bitch to get out."

"So why are you doing it again?"

"I don't know. I like it, I guess. I don't know," Petra laughed, shrugging her shoulders with her hands fanned out exaggerated.

Both of their hair color choices were difficult to recover from. Either way, they were going to be set for the fashion expo. Not like anyone knew who they were, but still.

The only thing left to do was finish packing. Trinity would bet all of her money, Petra hadn't even started. She was always a last minute kinda gal. She laughed to herself watching her friend create a mess in the sink.

"I can do that for you, you know."

"Nah. I got this. I'm good with hair. You'll see. Actually, look again at your own head and you'll know," Petra clicked her tongue at Trinity.

"Did you pack?"

"Not yet. It's too early."

"Um...our flight leaves in a few hours."

Petra waved her hand, "Pff. Do I look scared?"

"No. You look like Ronald McDonald. Are you sure you picked the right shade of red?"

Petra rolled her eyes, "I can read, Trin. Duh. It always looks super bright when you put it on. Once you wash it out, the real color will show."

"Really?" Trinity wrinkled her nose.

"A little faith, please."

She didn't have any faith. Petra's hair was covered in a bright red goo. There was no way the end result was going to be what Petra was imagining. It was a safe bet, she was expecting a soft auburn color. No way that was happening. Well, she tried to warn her.