{1} "Possession"

Rex Dangervest finally woke up to the feeling of comfort. The navy blue sheets of his bed were warm and soft. The soft hum of his spaceship's mechanical systems filled his senses.

Not a single nightmare interrupted his sleep. He was at peace with himself. For the first time in a long time, there was finally a moment in his life where he was blissfully content.

It was because of one woman that changed him forever. He lay in his queen sized bed, no longer alone.

He lowered his gaze, seeing his new wife, Marie Stardust, cuddling against his chest. She slept peacefully, and the littlest bit of light in the room framed her beautiful features.

To Rex, she was perfect. She was everything he needed.

He smiled at her, and gently ran his fingers through her hair. The pink ends of it shimmered in the light, catching his attention. She smelled sweet, like sugary star candy.

The thought of waking up next to her every day made him so unbelievably happy. He bent down, kissing the top of her head.

She stirred slightly, and extended her arms around his muscular torso, embracing him. He chuckled quietly.

"Mornin'."

"Good Morning, Honey." Marie yawned, "Can we just stay like this forever?"

"Aww, I'd love to but-" Rex glanced at the nearby digital clock on their bedside table, "Oh my gosh! Is it that time already?! Sorry, Starlight, I love you but I gotta head out."

He kissed her once again, and quickly got out of bed. The Princess of Stardust sat up, and yawned. She pushed her hair back, and watched as her husband started dressing.

"Oh, that's right. You're back to work."

"Yeah." The Defender pulled his pants up, "It's my first job back since our honeymoon. Meaning it's my first job as a prince. I want it to go smoothly."

"Right. Prince Rex Dangervest."

"It sure has a nice ring to it, huh?"

He buckled his belt, then grabbed his black undershirt from the nearby dresser. He slipped it on over him, and adjusted it to his liking.

Marie got out of their bed, and stretched out her limbs. Her long hair brushed against her ankles with every movement. After she felt refreshed, she radiated joy, and turned towards her husband.

"At least let me make you breakfast first. You'll need your strength."

"Just heat me up a breakfast pastry and I'm good to go. I got all my strength right here."

He flexed his impressive arm muscle, then winked at her. She giggled, and blushed slightly. She found him incredibly adorable.

He turned, picking up his vest, and quickly putting it on.
"Oh, Starlight, I don't see my gloves." He continued.

"Oh, right! I actually washed them last night, and left them in the laundry room. I'm sorry, Honey. I'll go get them for you."

"No worries. I can do it. In fact, I'm beating you to it."

"Honey." Marie laughed cheerfully.

He ran out of the bedroom, and through Rexcelsior. His footsteps echoed throughout the ship, until he finally reached the laundry room in the west wing. He watched the door slide open, and he stepped inside.

It was a small room, compared to the rest on the spaceship. It had only what was needed. A washing machine, dryer, a table to fold clothes, and a shelf for storage.