6 - Death (Mondo Oowada x Kiyotaka Ishimaru)

Danganronpa again
What is wrong with me
Ok so mondo and taka are dating and taka and leon are really good friends
Taka has atychiphobia (fear of failure)
S P O I L E R S F O R D A N G A N R O M P A T R I G G E R H A P P Y H A V O C

Ishimaru groaned, pushing himself up. Hot-pink blood stained the ground, his hand, and his shirt.

"Crap," he hissed. But just as quickly as he spotted it, it disappeared. He stood up on shaky legs, looking around. It was the room he was killed in.

"I think he's awake," a voice Ishimaru couldn't forget said from the other side of the door.

Ishimaru took a step to the door, testing his legs. They worked. He started to walk to the door, going faster. He opened the door with vigor, excited to see Mondo.

"Mondo?" Taka asked into the darkness.

A light suddenly turned on.

In front of Taka was a long, dark hallway. The walls were grey and the light was close to white.

"M—Mondo?" Ishimaru asked again cautiously. He stepped forward, listening.

Nothing.

"Leon?" Taka tried. He walked forward more, his posture becoming more and more slouched.

He was scared.

Each step sent waves of fear through the Ultimate. His crimson eyes watched for any movement.
A door.

There was a grey door at the end of the hallway.

It was eerily quiet when Ishimaru reached the end. Nothing was moving.

Go ahead, Kiyotaka Ishimaru~

Ishimaru's breath caught in his throat as he spun around. He pressed his back to the door, his eyes wide and dead-set on the doorway he came from.

Nothing is going to happen to you.

Ishimaru was frozen. So many sounds piled in his throat. Sobs, cries, whimpers.

He soon peeled himself off the metal, turning around stiffly. His whole body was tense.

Anticipation clouded his mind as he reached for the handle. He twisted it, anxiety pooling in his stomach.

Click.

The door was ajar now. It was under Ishimaru's control whether it opened fully or not.

Did he even want to see what was behind the door? Probably not.

It could be another hallway like this. Or someone he loved dead. Or someone wanting to kill him.

With a deep breath and his eyes screwed shut, Ishimaru pulled open the door.

The smell was foul, like a pit of dead rats. Ishimaru choked on his breath a few times before he got used to it. He opened his eyes slowly, only staring at the floor. It was weirdly grey.

Taka looked up and saw Kirigiri.

"Kyoto?" Ishimaru asked shakily. "What's wrong?"

"You," Kirigiri said bluntly. "You're what's wrong. You failed them, Ishimaru. You let them down. They died because you couldn't do it. You failed, Kiyotaka. You failed."

Ishimaru's eyes widened and watered. He failed. His breathing quickened and his chest contorted. He couldn't see and his mind was racing.

He couldn't save them. He failed them.